THE FORUM

26-Apr-24, 04:31:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3rd Falcon Visits Downtown Yesterday Afternoon - 9/7/10  (Read 3481 times)
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« on: 08-Sep-10, 09:06:07 AM »

Just a quick report of the brief battle over the pedestrian bridge.

Brian H and I witnessed a battle between Archer, Beauty and a Mystery Falcon. It mostly involved Beauty and the 3rd Falcon, very close in size. Archer got in a couple hits but stayed away from the two females.  When they passed over us, we could hear ee-chupping fill the air.

They flew towards the Kodak Tower circling a few times before heading downtown.  A&B landed on the top I-Beam of the old Changing Scenes Restaurant, while the 3rd Falcon flew over the Times Square Bldg, past it and turned back toward the north.  She passed the Frontier Comm Twr, then headed towards the Kodak Tower passing behind it.  Brian and I watched her until she flew out of sight heading north west, in the general direction of Kodak Park.  Was this our purple banded visitor checking out A&B's territory?

After the other female left, Beauty entered the nest box and stayed there for a long time. Archer was out and about, keeping watch on the territory.

We'll keep watching.

Peregrines know no borders.....
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 08-Sep-10, 01:18:47 PM »

Thank you for the details on the battle Carol, I'm very happy to hear that the mystery falcon made it out safely too!  Hopefully she is somewhere safe  wub2
falconsforever129
Juvie

Like Count: 37

~~Believe In Miracles~~

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08-Sep-10, 10:22:37 PM »

Thank you for the details on the battle Carol, I'm very happy to hear that the mystery falcon made it out safely too!  Hopefully she is somewhere safe  wub2

I hope so too!  wub2
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08-Sep-10, 10:50:51 PM »

I hope so too!  wub2

If it was the female from KP, she is just fine.  thumbsup

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: