THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 06:57:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Great Pumpkin at the Corning Museum of Glass  (Read 5384 times)
valhalla
« on: 20-Aug-09, 04:51:19 PM »

spider  I don't think that Suzanne has joined over here yet, so I'm going to post this.  We met up with Sue and hubby, Bob at the Corning Museum of Glass when we were in Watkins Glen 2 weeks ago.  Had a great time (pictures will follow sometime before the next century).  The CMoG is huge and it is easy to be put into overload - still great.  I bought a few glass pumpkins and she sent me the following because of that. http://www.the-leader.com/news/x2145965462/CMoG-aims-for-world-s-biggest-pumpkin   cat
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 20-Aug-09, 07:48:42 PM »

spider  I don't think that Suzanne has joined over here yet, so I'm going to post this.  We met up with Sue and hubby, Bob at the Corning Museum of Glass when we were in Watkins Glen 2 weeks ago.  Had a great time (pictures will follow sometime before the next century).  The CMoG is huge and it is easy to be put into overload - still great.  I bought a few glass pumpkins and she sent me the following because of that. http://www.the-leader.com/news/x2145965462/CMoG-aims-for-world-s-biggest-pumpkin   cat

That has to be hard to do.....nice size pumpkin too! (hmm, need a pumpkin smiley)

Thanks,
Donna

valhalla
« Reply #2 on: 20-Aug-09, 08:03:05 PM »

Perhaps Shaky will take care of the Smiley???

I'm thinking of buying one of the monsters!    eyecat
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21-Aug-09, 11:54:59 AM »

Janet,

I had talked to Sue just before you were coming to Watkins and she'd hoped you would make a stop to visit.  So glad that you did!  I lived in Corning for a couple years in the 60's and whenever anyone visited, we went for a tour of the glass works.  Haven't been there in years but would like to sometime soon.

Kris

valhalla
« Reply #4 on: 21-Aug-09, 12:13:07 PM »

Kris - we had a great time, but that place is huge!  The guys hit the overload and got a bit fussy - needed food, too.  A couple of days is needed to do the CMoG.  I loved the section with the American cut glass.  It is a good place to visit.  We had lunch at a local joint, so the guys were happy with "regular" food.  I will post pictures soon.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21-Aug-09, 02:34:04 PM »

Kris - we had a great time, but that place is huge!  The guys hit the overload and got a bit fussy - needed food, too.  A couple of days is needed to do the CMoG.  I loved the section with the American cut glass.  It is a good place to visit.  We had lunch at a local joint, so the guys were happy with "regular" food.  I will post pictures soon.

Can't wait to see them!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: