THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 02:09:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When nicotine is good...  (Read 1796 times)
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« on: 23-Sep-10, 11:37:28 AM »

Found this on the web... who knew... the things you can find!

Nicotine water is another good solution to get rid of stink bugs from your house and garden area. In order to prepare nicotine water, one needs to fill half a gallon of lukewarm water with half a packet of cigarettes, and allow the solution to gel for 10 to 20 minutes. Add a teaspoon of detergent powder after filtering the nicotine solution by 2-3 layers of a cheese cloth. This will act like a poisonous solution for stink bugs, and kill them upon interaction. It is also advisable to wear gloves while in contact with nicotine water to prevent any kind of skin allergies. Also make sure to wash the fruits and vegetables nicely before use, if you have used nicotine water on them.

The piece also says NOT to crush them, as this only attracts their pals...
valhalla
« Reply #1 on: 23-Sep-10, 07:08:15 PM »

Maybe I'll buy a couple of packs in Virginia, but they are still $3.00 or $4.00 per pack - a lot of money to soak (as an almost 5-year ex-bum it still hurts to harm a cigarette).  Donna, if you are interested, I mail you a pack or two, as you can't afford to waste them in NJ!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: