THE FORUM

16-Apr-24, 06:20:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our Italian Adventure: Vesuvius and Pompeii  (Read 2940 times)
Lord G
Juvie

Like Count: 48

Peregrine Paparazzo

View Profile WWW
« on: 29-Sep-10, 09:41:46 PM »

It looks like Italy was the place to go this summer.  Dawn and I spent nine days there earlier this month.  I've begun chronicling our trip on my blog.  You can view my posts on our day tour to Mount Vesuvius and Pompeii over at Peregrinations.

I'll be publishing more dispatches from our time in Rome and Tuscany in the coming days.

"Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise"
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 29-Sep-10, 10:52:55 PM »

That Vesuvius was one mean Volcano in his day. I saw a show on TV a few weeks ago of the destruction it did on Pompeii. It happened so fast, people could not get out of it's path. They are all still there on display, pretty much mummified in the exact same position they were in when HE erupted. Pretty sad for all PLUS, I hear Pompeii is haunted.

Nice pics Jim and dawn. Thanks

Paul Hamilton
Tiercel

Like Count: 266

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01-Oct-10, 09:39:37 AM »

Jim and Dawn,

Thanks for this fascinating tour.  I still have vivid memories of reading Pliny the Younger in school and imagining the sights he described so vividly.  We also separately studied the dynamics of Vesuvius in geology class.  Your pictures of both Vesuvius and Pompeii connected the two events for me and deepened my understanding.

Paul
valhalla
« Reply #3 on: 01-Oct-10, 01:51:01 PM »

It looks like Italy was the place to go this summer.  Dawn and I spent nine days there earlier this month.  I've begun chronicling our trip on my blog.  You can view my posts on our day tour to Mount Vesuvius and Pompeii over at Peregrinations.

I'll be publishing more dispatches from our time in Rome and Tuscany in the coming days.

Between you, Karen V., and my friends currently in Italy, I'm going to have a great visual of the country!  I do hope that there is a food and wine review in the future....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: