THE FORUM

27-Apr-24, 06:27:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SNAKE in the Garage!  (Read 16221 times)
valhalla
« on: 24-Aug-09, 08:44:05 AM »

Once again, my husband talks to the animals!   viking   Ok, he's making room in the garage, as I put my foot down about leaving the truck outside because he has the garage filled with "non-cars".  He moves several bags of topsoil (ok, we got it on sale at 1/10th of the normal price - end of season) and he yells at me to "RUN"!   running dog  I move out at a high rate of speed (didn't know I could move that quickly), get outside and yell back, "what is it"?  confused  I hear, "Hi Guy"!  Oh, no!  He found a snake!  About a 6 foot long black snake.  Got the bucket, lid, and pole and Rich once again, went across to the woods to parole another varmint!  I offered to get the shotgun and make fertilizer!  Rich opted to talk to the snake, who was VERY unhappy - even tried to bite Rich!

I can see it now...
 abs-cheers Snakes, mice, and squirrels all sitting outside our garage waiting for Rich to come out and play... crazy
Mirta
Fledgling

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 24-Aug-09, 10:52:09 AM »

Rich is a gentleman.

bravo

Mirta
valhalla
« Reply #2 on: 24-Aug-09, 12:24:04 PM »

Rich is a gentleman.

bravo

Mirta

More like a little boy at heart  heart  Thanks God he doesn't put salamanders and toads in his pockets! lol
Dot_Forrester
Tiercel

Like Count: 50

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24-Aug-09, 04:30:51 PM »

thumbsup Good for Rich!  Black snakes are harmless even though I prefer not to meet them up close and personal. Although they occasionally raid bird boxes, they earn their weight in gold by keeping down the rodent population. Better a snake in your garage than a whole family of mice or rats eating your bird seed, sneaking into your house, and leaving turds and disease. abs-cheers

Dot in PA
valhalla
« Reply #4 on: 24-Aug-09, 04:49:52 PM »

Yes, you are right,  laugh but man!  I can't stand snakes!   laugh  Probably Garden of Eden and all of that!   laugh  Rich, on the other hand, likes all of those varmints, so we do just fine.  Remember the mice have already found the bird seed and Rich shared it with them when he paroled Mr. Mouse!   lol 
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24-Aug-09, 06:55:08 PM »

[size=12pt and he yells at me to "RUN"!   running dog  I move out at a high rate of speed (didn't know I could move that quickly), get outside and yell back, "what is it"?  confused  I hear, "Hi Guy"!  Oh, no!  He found a snake!  About a 6 foot long black snake.
 abs-cheers Snakes, mice, and squirrels all sitting outside our garage waiting for Rich to come out and play... crazy[/size]

I'd keep running, (trust me). tickedoff Angry thumbsdown scared running dog Was it a Black Racer, they have them in Fla, which is the reason I WONT GO! Guess I won't be visiting you in the near future! crying

valhalla
« Reply #6 on: 25-Aug-09, 06:08:21 AM »

Just a normal black snake - a good guy, but I still can't stand them!  Rich is out of town and I had to go into the garage all alone this morning (is it any wonder I couldn't sleep).  Fell INTO the truck, screwed up the house alarm, forgot to reset the A/C to 78 (left it at nighttime freeze Janet temp).  I'm a mess and a bit nuts! crazy
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25-Aug-09, 06:19:14 AM »

Just a normal black snake - a good guy, but I still can't stand them!  Rich is out of town and I had to go into the garage all alone this morning (is it any wonder I couldn't sleep).  Fell INTO the truck, screwed up the house alarm, forgot to reset the A/C to 78 (left it at nighttime freeze Janet temp).  I'm a mess and a bit nuts! crazy

What the heck is a NORMAL stupid BLACK snake? Janet, to me, a snake is a snake, normal or un-normal! A 6 ft snake to me is an Anaconda, I'm running. playnice  Cheesy

Donna

valhalla
« Reply #8 on: 25-Aug-09, 06:58:51 AM »

I DID Run! running dog running dog lol
A normal black snake eats bugs, mice, and copperheads!  I hate snakes! devil
annieinelkhart
Juvie

Like Count: 23

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25-Aug-09, 09:21:56 AM »

OHHHH Janet me too on the offer of the shot gun!!  I have come across 2 rattlesnakes in my time, really real rattlesnakes and both are no longer around to tell their side of the story!!  paperbag Snakes and german shepards and water are my biggest fears!!  I get in panic mode at the site of ANY kind of SNAKE!!!!!!  crybaby  Would be hard to get me in that garage ever again!!  Totally undersand!  But look at it this way you had your arobic work out for the day!!  tired

EVERY DAY I THANK OUR TROOPS FOR ALL THEY DO FOR US!  IT IS THE LEAST I CAN DO!
Paul Hamilton
Tiercel

Like Count: 266

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 25-Aug-09, 09:31:08 AM »

I've seen a four foot black racer being driven off by a mockingbird.  That's what you need -- a mockingbird family in your garage.

Paul
valhalla
« Reply #11 on: 25-Aug-09, 09:36:50 AM »

I've seen a four foot black racer being driven off by a mockingbird.  That's what you need -- a mockingbird family in your garage.

Paul

Guess my shrieking didn't count?   ???   happy
valhalla
« Reply #12 on: 25-Aug-09, 09:40:12 AM »

But look at it this way you had your arobic work out for the day!!  tired

Well, there is that, but I can do without the un-invited critters  happy

I know how the snake got into the garage - that would be Rich - who leaves all doors open when he's out there.  I want a screen door for the inner door to slow the flies down when he's out there.  He's just gathering up little friends......

Helen in MD
Eyas

Like Count: 76

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 25-Aug-09, 08:14:09 PM »

OK gals, why are you afraid of a non-poisonous snake?  Black snakes, either black rat or black racer, are beneficial and will keep the nasty little rodents out of your garage and house.  They are probably more afraid of you than you are of them.  I'm not a huge fan but am also not going to overreact if I see one. 
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 25-Aug-09, 08:35:23 PM »

OK gals, why are you afraid of a non-poisonous snake?  Black snakes, either black rat or black racer, are beneficial and will keep the nasty little rodents out of your garage and house.  They are probably more afraid of you than you are of them.  I'm not a huge fan but am also not going to overreact if I see one. 

Well for me Helen, it goes back to my childhood. My brother put LIVE snakes in my bed. Granted, they were only Garden snakes but in my BED??? scared blue I was 10 or 11 and when I felt it moving down by my legs......OH I SCREAMED and ran right out of the house, up the street and kept going in my PJ's. Sorry but I never got over it. Oh before that, snakes didn't really bother me, we had them all around our house.   frog

Donna, The  Big  baby crying

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: