THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 04:02:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2009 Senior Tour - Part 1 - Niagara Falls  (Read 5016 times)
valhalla
« on: 24-Aug-09, 01:58:47 PM »

The 2009 Senior Tour brought us to Niagara Falls and Watkins Glen (not completed yet).   sunshine  We had a great time.  It took a bit, but I got the images down to less than 300.  I did leave some questions in the images about some of the buildings and places in Niagara Falls and Niagara-on-the-Lake, so please feel free to respond!  Enjoy!   kittykiss

http://www.kodakgallery.com/valhallaviews/main/niagara_falls
 flash
~Ruth
Juvie

Like Count: 19

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 24-Aug-09, 03:21:07 PM »

Enjoyed your visit to Niagara Falls.  Never been on the MOTM.   rain
Aafke
Falcon

Like Count: 715

Kingfisher

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24-Aug-09, 04:25:54 PM »

Thanks Janet, it was nice to look at your pictures!

greetings Aafke

Feed the birds!!!!
birdmusic
Fledgling

Like Count: 14

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24-Aug-09, 05:28:12 PM »

I did leave some questions in the images about some of the buildings and places in Niagara Falls and Niagara-on-the-Lake, so please feel free to respond! 

Well, let's see.  Yes, that is Fort Niagara in your pictures. 

The old, old building you saw from the Maid of the Mist is the old Ontario Power Generating plant.  Ironically, there is a falcon nest in one of the windows, although it is believed that they used a different nest (never found) this year and produced at least one offspring.

The people in yellow raincoats climbing the stairs are on the Cave of the Winds tour.  They do not actually go behind the falls (although early in the last century they did).  Too bad you didn't visit the American side.  I prefer the Cave of the Winds to the Maid of the Mist (although that's really cool, too!)  The American side has more "up close & personal" views of the falls. 

My husband & I got engaged at the end of Three Sister Islands that you reach by going over the bridge to Goat Island that you didn't go on.

The covered Jet Boat is for wusses!  The open boat is the way to go!  What a ride!

birdmusic (who used to be a tour guide at the Falls (NY) during her college years and never, never got tired of seeing it!)
valhalla
« Reply #4 on: 24-Aug-09, 05:39:13 PM »

Now, THAT is a cool job!  Thanks for this info and I will update things accordingly in the morning!

I was afraid that I would get people crazy on the boat - Cave of the Winds would have had me on the rocks!  We wanted to do some stuff on the American side, but 2 days isn't enough time and we wanted to get to the Glen and catch Thunder in the Glen.  I think 4 days would be better, as I wanted to do Goat Island and of course, a few more vineyards.  Fortunately my cousin had recently been to the Falls, so we were fairly well armed with the historical facts.  I is a very neat tourist trap and one that we would go to again.  As for wusses, I've been in blue water off shore and I'm not getting into either of those boats!  Nope, when the ocean is looking into your "living room" window while you are sliding down the wave, not doing it for a "thrill"!  Adeline wanted to do the cable car - I wanted to take pictures of her doing the cable car!
Wing Goose
Tiercel

Like Count: 37

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24-Aug-09, 06:06:16 PM »

Janet,
Wonderful, wonderful pictures. When I saw 290 pictures (292) I thought I would never get through that many!! Just want you to know that I enjoyed every picture -- took about an hour to view them and was disappointed when I reached the end.  Thanks for sharing.
Lola
 thanx

Lola
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25-Aug-09, 07:58:16 PM »

Janet,

I finally got to look at your pics and really enjoyed looking at them all.  We haven't been to the Falls in years and only live an hour away but now after seeing them, I want to go again.  Thanks for posting them.

Kris

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: