THE FORUM

16-Apr-24, 03:17:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Young Juvenile Peregrine Falcon in Irondequoit, NY - 10/22/10  (Read 9890 times)
falconsforever129
Juvie

Like Count: 37

~~Believe In Miracles~~

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 29-Oct-10, 11:38:21 PM »

These are beautiful pictures!  clap heart
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 30-Oct-10, 12:33:03 AM »

Oh, Dana!!!  Again, just beautiful!!  Stay off the ground, little one

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
anneintoronto
« Reply #17 on: 05-Nov-10, 06:31:02 PM »

Thank you for sharing your partly sad, partly exciting adventure with us!  It's hard to see any dead bird on the road.  I've noticed a more than usual number of dead pigeons on the roads around here and wonder why. Particularly two pairs, one pigeon quite a bit larger than the other...  Each pigeon parent stays with one fledgling to teach it the ways of the world and I'm afraid that these two "couples" made some kind of mistake -- the question is, was it the teacher or the pupil...and will other pigeons learn any lessons...  Pigeons are much smarter than given credit for, but there is a limit!  I certainly hate to think about a young peregrine, not completely versed in the ways of the world, being anywhere close to traffic!  What terribly quick mishaps can occur in such places -- proven by those two unfortunate gulls!  I hope that this young, adventuresome peregrine learns to heed cars and continues to have a wonderful life!

Thanks again for the photos and the anecdote!

Anne in Toronto
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: