THE FORUM

25-Apr-24, 03:22:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A tricycle for Lexie  (Read 28813 times)
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 23-Nov-10, 07:43:01 PM »

Dear Kris,

Thank you so much for letting us play a part in this win for Lexie!   As I watched the video, I started wondering who exactly had won the most -- Lexie, because she has her tricycle, will gain from the exercise, the independence it will afford her, or we the people who voted for her day after day.  It is hard to get people to act together these days, in any effort.  It is hard to get people to cooperate in a local situation, but it is next to impossible to get the international community to do anything together!  And, in fact, we're all very tired of always being asked to give, to do our green part, to pay out more and more, collect less and less...  But when an opportunity comes along and the joy of that opportunity becomes contagious, we suddenly don't feel put upon -- we feel bigger, more powerful, more excited, just plain happier!  So, thank you again for including us in your desire to do the best possible for your Lexie -- now OUR Lexie!!  We have all benefitted immeasurably!!  And I'll bet that I'm not the only one grinning and searching for tissues!

My very best wishes and thanks,
Anne in Toronto

Beautifully said, Anne, and I think as a "team" that we all came away winners!    clap

NoraH
Juvie

Like Count: 26

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 23-Nov-10, 11:22:07 PM »

Thanx so much for the update showing the tricycle.  Can you get a picture and post it of her Lexie with it?  I'm so glad we could all help her get it!!!  clap
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 28-Nov-10, 07:55:17 PM »

Here is a link to the letter that Lexie's mom, Jennifer, wrote to our church and she also thanks all the voters who helped make this possible.  Thought I would share:

http://bergenumc.org/templates/System/details.asp?id=33208&PID=830238

Guess what's going to be under the tree for Lexie this year!!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 28-Nov-10, 07:58:16 PM »

Here is a link to the letter that Lexie's mom, Jennifer, wrote to our church and she also thanks all the voters who helped make this possible.  Thought I would share:

How heartwarming Kris. Thank you so much. Oh I would love to be a bulb on her tree Christmas morning, I'd be twinkling. Bless that little girl.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 28-Nov-10, 08:19:01 PM »

Kris thank you for posting that! I have tears in my eyes. And Donna I bet you'd be the brightest bulb on that tree!! Much love to Lexie!!! heart

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
anneintoronto
« Reply #65 on: 28-Nov-10, 09:24:29 PM »

Kris,

Thank you so much for sharing Lexie's mother's letter.  I am so glad that she feels the love that has gone out to Lexie from all of the people involved in her life, one way or another.  I hope that her mother realizes our love is for her, too.  We know, without even knowing her, that she has carried a big job and should realize that this "gift" for Lexie is for her, too.  To help assure her that people do care, that people want her little girl to walk as much as she does and maybe, just a little, we can help with that responsibility just a wee bit.
And to you -- who obviously have always helped with that work of caring, I hope that you will collect some of that love, too.  'Cause you know, that's why we voted every day.  For you, because this little girl obviously means so much to you.  How can I say this...  That little girl is important to all of us.  All children are our responsibility, our future.  But you are the person we know.  We did it as much for you as for Lexie.  And I hope our love will brighten your festive tree, as brightly as we mean it to!
And to the group -- this is what I was going on about earlier.  This is what a group is for.  To share hard times with others, to make it not quite as hard.  To share the love we all have in abundance, if we only look deeply for it.  And to participate as a group, not a lot of separate members.  We all, leaders and members are a group together, one as dependant on the other, as the other way around and this is what we all can do together...
I'll get down off my soapbox.  I've had way too much to say today.  I just want everyone to care for each other...  People have always been my "thing".  It's why I work in the medical field.  It's why I live...
Kris -- all the best to you and yours!  I am so extremely happy, that we could help out!!

With all best wishes,
Anne in Toronto
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 28-Nov-10, 09:56:27 PM »

Kris - Thanks so much for sharing this letter from Lexie's mom.  I'm so glad that this group was able to help.  - Carol P.

Peregrines know no borders.....
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 10-Nov-11, 03:46:50 PM »

Just an update on Lexie:

According to her mom, she's still very much enjoying her tricycle that your votes helped make possible. The really big news was that she got to go to Disney World this summer! She was accompanied by her mom, her best friend and his parents-made possible through the Make a Wish Foundation that paid for the entire trip for everyone!

clap

Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 10-Nov-11, 03:53:34 PM »

Lexie is sure very happy!  happy

NoraH
Juvie

Like Count: 26

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 10-Nov-11, 04:36:11 PM »

That's great!!!  And Disneyland  2thumbsup
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 10-Nov-11, 05:16:05 PM »

That's wonderful for Lexie! I'm so happy to hear this! Thanks!! crying

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 10-Nov-11, 06:33:40 PM »

Just an update on Lexie:

According to her mom, she's still very much enjoying her tricycle that your votes helped make possible. The really big news was that she got to go to Disney World this summer! She was accompanied by her mom, her best friend and his parents-made possible through the Make a Wish Foundation that paid for the entire trip for everyone!

clap

That is such great news!  Thanks for sharing Kris.   good news

Peregrines know no borders.....
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 10-Nov-11, 07:59:19 PM »

2thumbsup Excellent news for Lexie!  Grin

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: