THE FORUM

19-Mar-24, 07:42:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Houston (MN) Nature Center's new Great Horned Owl Breeding Project  (Read 3679 times)
anneintoronto
« on: 30-Oct-10, 01:37:54 PM »

I was in touch with Karla Bloem, the Director/Naturalist of the Houston (MN) Nature Center, yesterday -- you all know Karla and her blogs describing her escapades with Alice the Great Horned Owl! and she told me that they have two GH Owls in their new breeding housing and we can all see it on video streaming!!  Here is the introductory statement from the website:

Rusty and Iris, two Great Horned Owls who can't live in the wild but CAN breed in captivity to help us learn more about the vocalizations of their species. Rusty was hit by a car and is blind in his right eye, and Iris's right eye was punctured, leaving her blind in her right eye also. They are still wild owls and need their privacy to breed, so they are housed on private property in rural Houston, MN. But this video stream allows you to share their lives from anywhere in the world.

You can see all this at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/great-horned-owl-breeding-project

And you can read regular updates and record your observations at www.alicetheowl.blogspot.com.

I know that many of you will be interested!  It really is exciting and real!

Anne in Toronto

Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 30-Oct-10, 01:59:22 PM »

Great cam and interesting bog.  thumbsup

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30-Oct-10, 09:22:54 PM »

thanx

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30-Oct-10, 09:57:54 PM »

thanx
     ditto

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: