THE FORUM

21-Sep-24, 08:40:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the ABCs of Birds **P**  (Read 24365 times)
Patti from Kentucky
Tiercel

Like Count: 58

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: 05-Dec-10, 09:59:23 PM »

P is for Pride...demonstrating how Pride's Rock acquired its name!
anneintoronto
« Reply #61 on: 08-Dec-10, 07:05:18 PM »

Sorry -- just one last photo of a Pigeon.  I just came across this photo and fell into a mood...  This ordinary looking, but pristine pigeon, was the sole pigeon in a small, local country fair "Petting Zoo" this past Fall...  And he was on a low table, inside a little cage.  And he had the biggest, the most red 1st Place Winner bow you can imagine!!  Practially bigger than he was!  But, little children were poking their sticky, grubby little fingers in at him, squealing as only little children can...  And he didn't move, didn't flinch, nothing...  Just stood there...

Now, today I was feeling sorry for my balcony visitors...  It is so bitterly cold out there, so windy...  And they are having to find shelter the best they can...   This little fellow is probably sitting happily somewhere in a nice cozy room...

So, who do I feel sorry for?  The cold, wild pigeons...or...the warm, captive pigeon?  I'm sure you know...  You, who have taken so many wonderful photos of wild birds around the globe...  Even of birds in spacious areas in zoos...  Just the mood I'm in...

Anne in Toronto

And, yes, I did do something temporary about it -- moved the cage out of reach of the grubby little fingers...  Much to the annoyance of the loving, caring parents...  And I wrote a letter...but never got an answer...and forgot, until just now... *sigh*

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: