THE FORUM

25-Apr-24, 12:25:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thank you!!  (Read 2571 times)
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« on: 02-Dec-10, 06:08:56 AM »

I am back in Ireland again after a quick trip home to ROC... where I was delighted to meet MAK and Shaky in person (!) at the Highland Park Diner (we have decided that it will be our "local") - and Donna (telephonically). What delights! Thanks to them for finding the time for me, and to the others who sent greetings through them. Hoping that a Springtime visit in 2011 will mean more face-to-face encounters with both folks AND falcons!

And I got a tick... in my sister's back yard - a Northern Harrier. MAK and Shaky may remember that I was trying to describe the bird, quite unsuccessfully. Then I noticed it seemed to have a plan for quartering the neighbourhood and sure enough, it came and sat for a while - in good light - in the big walnut tree. Very pale breast and under-parts was all I had seen - but then, hurrah! It did a magnificent fly-past and there was that unmistakable white rump. Male Northern Harrier. Good for me!

Thanks again, MAK, Shaky and Donna - Meeting you meant so much!

Slainte from a snow-bound Ireland! I will send pix to Donna and maybe she can post.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 02-Dec-10, 06:17:32 AM »

Welcome back Bobbie, glad your home and safe. I enjoyed talking with you also, (a nice surprise). Absolutely send me pics and I shall post, (after all, it's what I do best).  Embarrassed

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02-Dec-10, 08:03:40 AM »

Pic of Lane on side of Bobbie's house. Very nice!

Car in snow. Wow Bobbie, it only snowed twice in 20 yrs???

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02-Dec-10, 08:59:54 AM »

I am back in Ireland again after a quick trip home to ROC... where I was delighted to meet MAK and Shaky in person (!) at the Highland Park Diner (we have decided that it will be our "local") - and Donna (telephonically). What delights! Thanks to them for finding the time for me, and to the others who sent greetings through them. Hoping that a Springtime visit in 2011 will mean more face-to-face encounters with both folks AND falcons!

And I got a tick... in my sister's back yard - a Northern Harrier. MAK and Shaky may remember that I was trying to describe the bird, quite unsuccessfully. Then I noticed it seemed to have a plan for quartering the neighbourhood and sure enough, it came and sat for a while - in good light - in the big walnut tree. Very pale breast and under-parts was all I had seen - but then, hurrah! It did a magnificent fly-past and there was that unmistakable white rump. Male Northern Harrier. Good for me!

Thanks again, MAK, Shaky and Donna - Meeting you meant so much!

Slainte from a snow-bound Ireland! I will send pix to Donna and maybe she can post.

Hi Bobbie,

I had really hoped to meet you, but it wasn't to be.  Darn work got in the way.   wave

Hope you're able to make it back this Spring for some Falcon Watching.

Take care,
Carol P.

p.s. and when you said you got a tick, I thought you got a tick!   2funny

Peregrines know no borders.....
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02-Dec-10, 09:37:24 AM »

hello  It was a delight meeting you Bobbie! I look forward to seeing you again in the spring and taking you on a falcon watch. Maybe Donna can come for a visit then too! Wink   Grin

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: