THE FORUM

23-Apr-24, 05:07:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fire update - Hope other SoCals are OK?  (Read 5062 times)
Jen in SoCal
Pipping

Like Count: 5

View Profile
« on: 02-Sep-09, 04:38:10 PM »

This is my first post on the new board, so be patient!

Just wanted to check in with my fellow SoCals to make sure the fire has not affected you all too much?  Judi?  Sharron in Canyon Country?

We were evacuated for a short time on Sunday night, but all is OK now.  I live in La Crescenta, and the back-fires they lit behind us were both awesome and effective.

Take care everyone, be safe.

Jen in SoCal -
annieinelkhart
Juvie

Like Count: 23

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 02-Sep-09, 04:50:37 PM »

I just can't imagine what all that must be like out there!  Sad  OH MY!! All of you out there PLEASE take care and do what they ask of you to be safe!  rain Believe me I am praying for some major rain to help those tired firefighters out.  I will keep you all in my prayers here in Indiana!  Keep us all updated! 

EVERY DAY I THANK OUR TROOPS FOR ALL THEY DO FOR US!  IT IS THE LEAST I CAN DO!
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02-Sep-09, 06:27:06 PM »

Hey Jen,

Congrats on your first post and I'm so happy to hear that you are ok.  Be safe. 

Peregrines know no borders.....
valhalla
« Reply #3 on: 02-Sep-09, 07:43:32 PM »

Jen - Judi - Sharon (haven't heard from Sharon in ages, hope all is ok  ???).  Prayers coming from the Chesapeake for your safety - I can't imagine fires like you go through, so please accept our hopes that you and yours come through all of this intact. 
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 02-Sep-09, 10:09:58 PM »

Congrats on your first post, Jen! Thanks for the update on the fires.
Jen in SoCal
Pipping

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03-Sep-09, 02:55:01 AM »

Thanks Annie and Janet for your kind thoughts, and thanks for the welcome Carol & Shaky - I like the new board!

Jen -
Judi
Juvie

Like Count: 43

African Fish Eagle

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03-Sep-09, 07:35:14 AM »

Oh Jen!  Glad to hear you're okay!  I'm not in the foothills, but I have other friends who are.  My spare bedroom was offered out a couple times but no takers...

Did you see the news a couple nights ago with the story of the L.A. Zoo taking in a lot of the animals from Wildlife Waystation? 

Life's a dance, you learn as you go...sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow...
bess440
Eyas

Like Count: 15

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03-Sep-09, 07:54:20 AM »

I'm happy to hear you're safe!  I love California and I hate seeing the wildfires every year destroying that beautiful landscape.  My thoughts and prayers are with all of you and the wildlife.

Sue (Bess)
Jen in SoCal
Pipping

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09-Sep-09, 04:18:19 PM »

Just back in town from a few days away from the smell of smoke.  Fire has moved on thank goodness and is now burning in the San Gabriel Wilderness area with no current threat to homes.  Cause has been determined as arson - unbelievable!

Sue (Bess) thanks for your good wishes - unfortunately the wildlife did not fare well once the backfires started, as those still in the area had no escape route.  I'm hoping most were able to get out before however.

Judi - Yes, I did hear that you guys took in some of Martine's critters, but that the folks at Shambala decided to shelter-in-place.  Do you still have some or are they back home now?

Jen -
Judi
Juvie

Like Count: 43

African Fish Eagle

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09-Sep-09, 09:58:39 PM »

Judi - Yes, I did hear that you guys took in some of Martine's critters, but that the folks at Shambala decided to shelter-in-place.  Do you still have some or are they back home now?

Jen -

Hi Jen - wish I could have joined you...the air cleared up Thursday and the temps dropped to tolerable too (only 89 in Arcadia today!).

As far as I know we still have the chimpanzees and some of the cats (not sure if we have all the cats or not, but I know we have some).  I think it's going to be a few more days before Martine can take them back home.

Judi    dance1

Life's a dance, you learn as you go...sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: