THE FORUM

22-Sep-24, 01:46:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fool me once...  (Read 3444 times)
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« on: 10-Dec-10, 05:17:33 AM »

Fascinating and amusing piece... Didn't think there was much that could fool a meerkat, but obviously it is possible. Clever birds!

African birds called drongos mimic other birds' alarm calls so that they can steal food from meerkats, scientists have found.

http://planetearth.nerc.ac.uk/news/story.aspx?id=856
Annette
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 10-Dec-10, 05:51:12 AM »

wow Clever birds!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10-Dec-10, 05:56:43 AM »

Sometimes you have to wonder what else birds can do! Pretty cool Bobbie, thanks.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10-Dec-10, 06:19:46 AM »

wave  Very interesting Bobbie!  I love meerkats they are so cute!  clap

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10-Dec-10, 06:29:15 AM »

Did you ever see those films (BBC, of course!) about meerkats? I think the first was called "Meerkats United". And then there was the series called "Meerkat Manor". Since an entire series was made, I think it attests to the popularity of these little guys.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10-Dec-10, 06:36:57 AM »

Did you ever see those films (BBC, of course!) about meerkats? I think the first was called "Meerkats United". And then there was the series called "Meerkat Manor". Since an entire series was made, I think it attests to the popularity of these little guys.

I watched Meerkat all the time when it was on. Sean Astin was the  narrator. It was like watching a soap. Meerkats are very smart, real life drama, stealing one's mate, (or trying), the babysitter doing bad things and getting punished for it. I felt bad when one Meerkat got kicked out of the pack and for weeks it was all about that. He tried desperately to get back in and they wouldn't have it. Finally, they let him in but he had to kiss...well you know!

Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10-Dec-10, 06:44:38 AM »

I watched Meerkat all the time when it was on. Sean Astin was the  narrator. It was like watching a soap. Meerkats are very smart, real life drama, stealing one's mate, (or trying), the babysitter doing bad things and getting punished for it. I felt bad when one Meerkat got kicked out of the pack and for weeks it was all about that. He tried desperately to get back in and they wouldn't have it. Finally, they let him in but he had to kiss...well you know!
[/quote]

I know! I was like a soap! I felt so sorry for that little guy... actually, I think it was a girl who went and did "The Wild Thing" with a member of another pack. May be wrong, tho, as this series told so many stories.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10-Dec-10, 06:49:40 AM »

I know! I was like a soap! I felt so sorry for that little guy... actually, I think it was a girl who went and did "The Wild Thing" with a member of another pack. May be wrong, tho, as this series told so many stories.
[/quote]

Yes it was her also but this was the babysitter who did wrong....he left the kids alone and got caught. He was just a juvenile himself. Amazing how they can't be fooled. Oh and the fights with other (gang) members....wow, they sure knew how to handle any crisis. Amazing!

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10-Dec-10, 09:21:05 AM »

Flower power! I loved that show! Hated it when it didn't come back on TV. Bobbie did you know we have meerkats at our local Seneca Park Zoo? Mozart was my favorite. 2thumbsup

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: