THE FORUM

02-May-24, 02:34:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 ... 204   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2011 Pictures from the Rfalconcam cameras  (Read 1213342 times)
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #1425 on: 14-May-11, 11:52:27 PM »

I don't think that is hail. I think it is water beading up on her feathers glowing in the camera light. I watched your movie and went to the archive viewer for that time frame. I saw no hail on the deck. It would hit there too much more than on Beauty. She got very wet that is for sure but was not hit by hail stones that I could see.
ezsha
Tiercel

Like Count: 25

View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: 15-May-11, 01:14:10 AM »

I don't think that is hail. I think it is water beading up on her feathers glowing in the camera light. I watched your movie and went to the archive viewer for that time frame. I saw no hail on the deck. It would hit there too much more than on Beauty. She got very wet that is for sure but was not hit by hail stones that I could see.

I was going by what I heard and saw on Ustream - the hail was not very big, and was accompanied by lots of rain as well, but the sound is very different. I agree that most of what was on her back is rain - the night-vision makes it look a lot different. Amongst the pea gravel, however, there are small white flecks that appear and then disappear, which was more apparent on the live stream.

Perhaps there is a recording of it on Ustream. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I truly believe I saw hail.
ezsha
Tiercel

View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: 15-May-11, 01:31:15 AM »

And it is nights like these to be thankful our falcons have a roof over their heads! Imagine how wet she would be without it! (The dry spot refers to the one below her, which you can just see the edges of...)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: 15-May-11, 07:15:32 AM »

B left
Archer at 6am
at 7:14am

Looks like Rochester's weather is contagious, we're getting that horrible rain all week also.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: 15-May-11, 08:26:45 AM »

Beauty came back expecting Archer to switch with her..NOT
A bit of a discussion to be had.
She means business.
Look at her face!
Archer got tired of the nagging and left!

ezsha
Tiercel

View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: 15-May-11, 08:27:57 AM »

What a yucky morning! Beauty had to do a bit of persuading to get Archer off the eggs - he definitely wanted to hang out! (I heard a new-to-me vocalization, which sounded kind of like a whine; given the weather, I understand completely!)
ezsha
Tiercel

View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: 15-May-11, 02:16:38 PM »

At 1:45, Archer tried talking her out of the nestbox, but no dice! He sat for a moment, all soggy and wet, and then he flew off for something drier.

« Last Edit: 15-May-11, 02:21:56 PM by ezsha » Logged
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: 15-May-11, 03:22:42 PM »

At 1:45, Archer tried talking her out of the nestbox, but no dice! He sat for a moment, all soggy and wet, and then he flew off for something drier.

These poor birds.  Looking at these pictures of Beauty and Archer, and then Rhea Mae and Tiago...the weather is awful.  Cold, wet, windy, non-stop rain, and it's supposed to continue all week.   Those shingles from NYC nest are sounding pretty good right now.   
I know their body temps operate differently than a human's, but don't they have to expend an awful lot of energy to keep those eggs warm? 
Is the PPH at KP  as exposed to the wind and rain as TSS nest is? 
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: 15-May-11, 03:29:21 PM »

Beauty's soaked!!!

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: 15-May-11, 03:35:26 PM »

Beauty's soaked!!!

rain  What a good mama! Archer needs to fix the leaky roof!   gum umbrella2

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: 15-May-11, 03:43:26 PM »

Beauty's soaked!!!

rain  What a good mama! Archer needs to fix the leaky roof!   gum umbrella2

he was going to but Beauty said "no way are you going on the roof with a hammer with my precious eggs down here boy!"
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: 15-May-11, 05:40:37 PM »

Sad

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: 15-May-11, 05:44:38 PM »

Sad

Do you suppose she might be feeling some action underneath her and that's why she won't leave?  She's been there for so many hrs, you'd think she'd want a food and bathroom break!

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: 15-May-11, 06:09:05 PM »

Margaret - The KP scrape is very well protected.  It is covered and up against a wall.  I'm sure it gets wet in all this rain, but it actually seems to be a good spot. - Carol P.

These poor birds.  Looking at these pictures of Beauty and Archer, and then Rhea Mae and Tiago...the weather is awful.  Cold, wet, windy, non-stop rain, and it's supposed to continue all week.   Those shingles from NYC nest are sounding pretty good right now.   
I know their body temps operate differently than a human's, but don't they have to expend an awful lot of energy to keep those eggs warm? 
Is the PPH at KP  as exposed to the wind and rain as TSS nest is? 

Peregrines know no borders.....
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: 15-May-11, 06:12:01 PM »

Sad

Do you suppose she might be feeling some action underneath her and that's why she won't leave?  She's been there for so many hrs, you'd think she'd want a food and bathroom break!
I think its the fact the weather is so nasty she isn't trusting her eggs to Archers little butt.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 ... 204   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: