THE FORUM

02-May-24, 07:15:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 ... 204   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2011 Pictures from the Rfalconcam cameras  (Read 1213384 times)
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #1785 on: 28-May-11, 06:23:46 PM »

There is a section of the forum with questions & answers here

There is also a help page on the forum tabs just above (home-help-search-profile-my messages...etc) or click here. It outlines tha basics of how this forum works.

That being said, since I hadn't looked at those pages in a while it took me a bit to find them.  Perhaps they could be pinned to the top of the forum home page.  And perhaps we old-timers should come up with a quick reference guide now that we have figured out how to navigate pretty quickly.  Yes, I volunteer to coordinate it-I'll start a separate note for suggestions and items that people are finding the most vexing to figure out.  The guide, once complete, can then take the pinned at the top spot.

That's that I'm talking about, Ei!   
 I just noticed that a few people noted difficulties in trying to post etc. 
Maybe tips pinned where a new member signs up or on the home page?  I don't know where newbies go to first.   I just automatically go to latest pictures to see the nest, and then click to the forum.   And then to the blogs.    But it did take me a while....:-)
Wing Goose
Tiercel

Like Count: 37

View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: 28-May-11, 06:39:58 PM »

MAK,
I had the pleasure of reading your Blog.  You are very
expressive.  You showed a lot of love and care for
Beauty and Archer and their eggs.  I don't know if
anyone could have told it like you did.
Thanks so much.
           good post
          Lola

Lola
chlosmom
Juvie

Like Count: 12

View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: 28-May-11, 07:09:08 PM »

what now for A&B--i don't mean about reclutching, but what they will they do
presently--Will they stay around TS? the NB? or DT----or will they "peregrine" off ???
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: 28-May-11, 07:36:25 PM »

what now for A&B--i don't mean about reclutching, but what they will they do
presently--Will they stay around TS? the NB? or DT----or will they "peregrine" off ???

I'm pretty sure they will be staying a while. Wonder if A has been over to KP lately? I have to feel bad for Unity, it's really none of their faults. It's what's in Archer that drove him to both. I still love him, Beauty and Unity, no matter. I wish no harm to any.  heart

margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: 28-May-11, 08:11:51 PM »

Seems like a good place  to post a poem:

Hope is a thing with feathers,
That perches in the soul,
And Sings the tune without the words,
and never stops at all.

..By Emily Dickinson
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1790 on: 28-May-11, 09:41:09 PM »

I even saw today that some weren't sure how to post a comment under the forum or having difficulty doing so.  Perhaps under the home page, there could be a section for that. Shaky? Is that something you can do?
I still don't know how to capture a picture and attached it to a post!  
Maybe a section called Navigating Falconcam ?  

First, we needed a help section. Now we need help on how to use the help section. Then we will need help on how to use the help on how to use the help section. Then...

We will continue to add information to the help section and hope that people will take the time to read it.
loheron
Fledgling

Like Count: 23

View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: 28-May-11, 10:36:16 PM »

You can't have too much help, but you can have too much helpfulness.
Or is it - Money can't buy you helpfulness.
Or to paraphrase Capt Ahab: From hell's hot, I help at thee. With my dying breath, I help thy name.
Or something like that. I was never very good at literature.
(So actually I went and googled Ahab's statement, and he is pretty much having an anger moment.)
Larry O {;<)

I even saw today that some weren't sure how to post a comment under the forum or having difficulty doing so.  Perhaps under the home page, there could be a section for that. Shaky? Is that something you can do?
I still don't know how to capture a picture and attached it to a post!  
Maybe a section called Navigating Falconcam ?  

First, we needed a help section. Now we need help on how to use the help section. Then we will need help on how to use the help on how to use the help section. Then...

We will continue to add information to the help section and hope that people will take the time to read it.
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: 29-May-11, 01:21:44 AM »

Just wanted to express to everyone how you touched my heart today with all of your kind words. It was a sad day for all of Beauty and Archers' followers around the world. To be fair, I know any one of the Rochester falcon watchers would have treated their egg in the same manner and they are just as saddened by this chain of events. We don't know what the future holds but one thing you can be sure of is that myself and all the watchers will continue to observe and report our experiences with our Rochester Peregrine Falcons. heart heart heart

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: 29-May-11, 08:16:57 AM »

It sure was hard to log-in this morning and see that empty nestbox.
rynnac
Eyas

Like Count: 3

View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: 29-May-11, 12:22:41 PM »

I am so sad that this clutch failed, I was so looking forward to watching another season of Rochester Falcons.  I too want to say I am impressed by how everyone is pulling behind Beauty and Archer (and Unity) and I hope that maybe, maybe they will re-clutch this year.  You never know.

Not to be disloyal to "our" peregrines, but if anyone wants to watch a live feed of newly hatching and growing eyeases, the Salt Lake City nest is just hatching, appears to have 2 and that leaves 2 more to go.  It is a live feed with sound.  Go to http://wildlife.utah.gov/peregrine/ and choose camera2 for the close up on the mama on the eggs and wee ones.  Perhaps seeing some healthy, growing chicks in another site will be fun for some of you and take the edge off this sadness.  I know it is helping me.
(ooh, mama just raised up and let me get a peek, the newest little one is NEW, not a fluffball yet!)
Nancy in UT

Nancy and the GSDs in Utah
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: 29-May-11, 06:53:51 PM »

Just wanted to express to everyone how you touched my heart today with all of your kind words. It was a sad day for all of Beauty and Archers' followers around the world. To be fair, I know any one of the Rochester falcon watchers would have treated their egg in the same manner and they are just as saddened by this chain of events. We don't know what the future holds but one thing you can be sure of is that myself and all the watchers will continue to observe and report our experiences with our Rochester Peregrine Falcons. heart heart heart

I second that!  There is a whole team of Watchers out there, trying to keep track of what 's going on.  All of us choose to do this, because we all love Peregrine Falcons.  Some cannot be out there as much as they would like.  Believe me, I would much rather be out watching Falcons than going to work every day.   yes  This has been a year of firsts and although it's hard for us to watch this all unfold, at the same time we are learning more about Peregrine behavours than we thought we ever would.  This has been hard on all of us.  The Watchers I have spoken to are heartbroken.

If someone had told me any of this would happen in the beginning of the year, I would have said "NO WAY!"  Well way, it has happened and continues to happen.  We will ALL continue to keep watching and reporting what we see.

Carol P.

Peregrines know no borders.....
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: 29-May-11, 07:21:39 PM »

i don't know about any re-clutching chances when A is spending all his time at KP with U.  Has anyone seen or looked for Beauty since she was reportedly at KP today?  I'm really worried about her today.  Sad

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: 29-May-11, 07:26:33 PM »

i don't know about any re-clutching chances when A is spending all his time at KP with U.  Has anyone seen or looked for Beauty since she was reportedly at KP today?  I'm really worried about her today.  Sad

Me too but I'm sure she's fine....maybe just hiding. (Too good)!

Wing Goose
Tiercel

Like Count: 37

View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: 29-May-11, 07:48:12 PM »

Dear Everyone,
MAK is right, any one of the local Rochester watchers would have reported
the happenings of Beauty and Archer with the same carefulness that MAK
did.  I certainly did not mean to slight others. 
My thanks to all of the Rochester watchers AND all of the contributers to
our Rfalconcam peregrines and all the other peregrines everywhere that we
have continuous reports on.
      wub2    wub2
          Lola

Lola
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: 29-May-11, 08:15:34 PM »

Wondering where Beauty is!! Archer's been at KP most of the day. Very bad of him!

Pages: 1 ... 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 ... 204   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: