THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 07:36:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How I spent my Christmas vacation with Nora in Iowa  (Read 6102 times)
anneintoronto
« on: 07-Jan-11, 05:29:57 PM »

As I had the prospect of spending my vacation between Christmas and New Year's on my own, I decided to head for my great friend, Nora's, in Iowa.  I knew I'd need lots of hugs and encouragement and knew that that was where I would get them!  She, Joe, her husband, and Billy Bob, their 6 month old Border Collie, welcomed me with open arms, excited licks (that was Billy Bob!) and lots of support!  It couldn't get much better!!

As you will see, Nora took me to Houston MN to visit with Karla Bloem and her Alice, the famous Great-Horned Owl, at the Houston (MN) Nature Center.  We had a wonderful chat with Karla over lunch.  She is very knowledgeable about owls.  And you can see in her face and her actions, how much she loves them!  An amazing lady!  After lunch, she took us back to the centre, where we once again came face to face, talon to knee, with Alice!  It was all so incredible!!  I hope you enjoy the photos!

http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/sharing/shareRedirectSwitchBoard.jsp?token=286960005310%3A104075212&sourceId=533754321803&cm_mmc=eMail-_-Share-_-Photos-_-Sharee

When people asked me why I was going to Iowa in December, they sounded amazed!  What about all that snow, the wind, the low temperatures?  Was I crazy?  And I replied that that was where Nora was and to heck with the rest of it!!  I was amazed at the amount of snow and the cold winds, but on the other hand the snow was beautiful!  I hope I've captured that beauty in the following photos.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/sharing/shareRedirectSwitchBoard.jsp?token=176960005310%3A537983999&sourceId=533754321803&cm_mmc=eMail-_-Share-_-Photos-_-Sharee

All I can say is thank you to Nora, Joe and Billy Bob for helping me through a potentially hard time.  For feeding me delicious meals, making sure I was getting enough sleep ; ), making sure I was on time for my airplane flight!  Their generosity was unending -- right down to Joe giving me his down-filled vest!  I had a wonderful time!  As I said, it just couldn't get much better!!

Anne in Toronto
Mirta
Fledgling

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 07-Jan-11, 05:36:49 PM »

Hi Anne C.!!
I`m so glad you had enjoyed your visit to Nora.
How wonderful this group has been , not only to help falcon! We all had been blessed with great friends!
A big hug
Mirta
Patti from Kentucky
Tiercel

Like Count: 58

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 07-Jan-11, 06:15:21 PM »

Nice photos; so glad Nora and company helped take care of you through the holidays...
BIGFRANK
« Reply #3 on: 07-Jan-11, 07:25:54 PM »

Sounds like a great trip/visit Annie. Im sure U were thrilled meeting Alice!
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07-Jan-11, 07:37:49 PM »

Beautiful Owl and snow pics, Anne!  Thanks for sharing and glad you had a good time with Nora and family.

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07-Jan-11, 09:36:54 PM »

What a wonderful time you had with Nora and her family.  Thanks for sharing with us Anne.

Peregrines know no borders.....
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07-Jan-11, 09:58:43 PM »

2thumbsup Nice pics Anne! flash  Billy Bob is very cute! How great it must be to have such a magnificent bird sitting in your lap!  clap Thanks for sharing. Grin

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08-Jan-11, 01:04:11 AM »

Really beautiful pictures, Anne!  So glad you could all get together!  Billy Bob is adorable!  I was struck by how big Alice is! WOW! 

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
NoraH
Juvie

Like Count: 26

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08-Jan-11, 01:08:15 AM »

You know you're welcome anytime good buddy, it was a fun week!  You mentioned the licks, but not the puppy chomps  Wink  He'll grow out of it. 
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08-Jan-11, 02:12:37 PM »

You know you're welcome anytime good buddy, it was a fun week!  You mentioned the licks, but not the puppy chomps  Wink  He'll grow out of it. 

Love bites Cheesy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: