THE FORUM

01-May-24, 01:10:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When owls attack...  (Read 2979 times)
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« on: 20-Jan-11, 05:18:06 AM »

Not sure whether to laugh or cry here...

A Chihuahua has been attacked by an owl.

Tiny mutt Chico – who weighs just four pounds – was being taken for a late night walk by his owner George Kalomiris in the Chicago suburb of Crystal Lake, Illinois, when the predatory bird swooped.

The great horned owl tried to grab the pooch in his talons but Chico was luckily wearing a doggy coat which prevented the winged hunter from latching on to him fully.

Quick-thinking George lunged at the bird which then got caught in his pet’s leash before eventually fleeing.

Relieved George said: “Good thing I had a hold of the leash. Thank God he had the coat. Otherwise he might have been hurt."

Chico suffered a minor puncture wound and some bruises and scratches and is now refusing to go out for walks at night.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 20-Jan-11, 05:27:56 AM »

Not sure whether to laugh or cry here...

A Chihuahua has been attacked by an owl.

Tiny mutt Chico – who weighs just four pounds – was being taken for a late night walk by his owner George Kalomiris in the Chicago suburb of Crystal Lake, Illinois, when the predatory bird swooped.

The great horned owl tried to grab the pooch in his talons but Chico was luckily wearing a doggy coat which prevented the winged hunter from latching on to him fully.

Quick-thinking George lunged at the bird which then got caught in his pet’s leash before eventually fleeing.

Relieved George said: “Good thing I had a hold of the leash. Thank God he had the coat. Otherwise he might have been hurt."

Chico suffered a minor puncture wound and some bruises and scratches and is now refusing to go out for walks at night.

How bout cry then laugh! Poor Chico.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20-Jan-11, 08:13:13 AM »

running dog                                   Can you imagine that!?  

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20-Jan-11, 08:22:13 AM »

running dog                                   Can you imagine that!?  

I KNOW! Part of me wanted to laugh about a silly dog like a Chihuahua - tho I LOVE dogs of whatever variety, and it is not Chico's fault that he is one! - or cry that the owl might have been injured.

Seriously, tho - hope the poor owl has found other food sources or someone is bound to be out looking for it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: