THE FORUM

28-Apr-24, 12:40:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's only a game... isn't it??  (Read 2587 times)
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« on: 27-Jan-11, 04:25:52 AM »

A car salesman in suburban Chicago who was fired for refusing to remove a Green Bay Packers tie said he will not be coming back even though his former boss has relented.

John Stone wore the tie to work at Webb Chevrolet in Oak Lawn on Monday, the day after the Packers beat the Chicago Bears to advance to the Super Bowl.

Mr Stone said he wore the tie to honour his late grandmother, who was a big Green Bay fan.

But his boss, Jerry Roberts, said the dealership has done promotions involving the Bears.

He was afraid the tie could alienate the team’s fans and make it harder to sell cars.

Mr Roberts now says Mr Stone can come back, but Mr Stone says he will not. He has also been offered a job at another dealership.
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 27-Jan-11, 07:17:07 AM »

football It is only a game Bobbie but we Americans take it to a fever pitched level just like the Europeans do with their football game soccer!   gum

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27-Jan-11, 07:27:58 AM »

football It is only a game Bobbie but we Americans take it to a fever pitched level just like the Europeans do with their football game soccer!   gum

Ohhhhhh, yes, MAK - for sure! I am a rugby girl myself, and the Six Nations season begins weekend after next. Rod leaves the premises. (I am a tad loud... sure wish I understood the rules, but those guys certainly are tasty... Bad Cougar! Bad Girl!)

Shocked
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27-Jan-11, 07:57:32 AM »

Ohhhhhh, yes, MAK - for sure! I am a rugby girl myself, and the Six Nations season begins weekend after next. Rod leaves the premises. (I am a tad loud... sure wish I understood the rules, but those guys certainly are tasty... Bad Cougar! Bad Girl!)

Shocked

laugh You naughty girl!  devil

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: