THE FORUM

01-May-24, 06:47:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Donna needs some hugs!  (Read 12304 times)
Dot_Forrester
Tiercel

Like Count: 50

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 12-Feb-11, 09:07:54 AM »

Donna and family, Jeanne's words said it all better than I could ever hope to do. Your decision to release Bucca from his illness was both the hardest and most loving gift you could have given him. I'm so glad you and your family heard his final purrs saying that he loved you as much as you loved him.  Difficult as it will be for a long while, you can be sure that the love between you and Bucca will stay always in your heart.  My husband and I have gone through this heartache too many times.  It's so unbearable that we swear we will never take on another animal to cherish because we can't stand to go through it again. Still, we eventually do just that because it's so lonely without a furry companion who loves us no matter what. We like to think that loving a new cat or dog in need of rescue is passing on the gift of unconditional love we were given by the ones who came before. Our current kitty is, to us, a wonderful mix of all our previous pets and keeps them fresh in our memory every single day.

Dot in PA
Aafke
Falcon

Like Count: 715

Kingfisher

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12-Feb-11, 10:52:45 AM »

heart heart crying heart heart Aafke

Feed the birds!!!!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12-Feb-11, 12:15:41 PM »

Thank you Aafke, hugs are good. Now Sam, Bucca's brother is howling all over the house looking for him. I feel bad for him too. He knows.

Dot, I know what you mean about replacing a beloved pet. Sam N Bucca were rescues from right outside my door. There were 4 of them, 3 boys and a girl. I took them in before anything bad happened to them. My friend Mark took 2 and we kept 2. So glad we did and we loved them both for almost 12 years. Sam is like a kitten still, full of spunk and always getting into mischief, something Bucca never did, except remove the ornaments from my Christmas tree. This past Christmas, Bucca tried but just didn't have enough strength to do that and he always, always, every year, slept under the tree. Not this time. I think Sam was a bit jealous of all the attention his brother was getting and he would lick Bucca, then hit him and leave. Poor Bucca, I think he was bewildered. Now it's only Sam and we will love him til the end also. Thank you.

grannywood
Eyas

Like Count: 32

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 12-Feb-11, 02:18:38 PM »

Donna, hugs to you and your family  heart  Bucca is in the best place now and knows you have given him ALL of yourself.  Your sharing, brought back memories of my Shaq.  I know it's a hard thing to go through.  Keep the special moments close, and time will heal.

Dana
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12-Feb-11, 02:32:23 PM »

Donna, hugs to you and your family  heart  Bucca is in the best place now and knows you have given him ALL of yourself.  Your sharing, brought back memories of my Shaq.  I know it's a hard thing to go through.  Keep the special moments close, and time will heal.

Thank you Dana, like I said, we have all been through this at one time or another. It's hard. I feel for everyone of you who have lost a "loving" pet. If it weren't for you all, I'd be up in my bed sulking. This at least keeps me busy.  everyone!

Patti from Kentucky
Tiercel

Like Count: 58

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 12-Feb-11, 02:32:51 PM »

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss, Donna...we lost a kitty to kidney failure a couple of years ago; it was in an early stage when they caught it, so we learned to do the fluids ourselves, but she never liked it!  She made it to 18 1/2, so I can't complain about the length of her life, but it was still terrible to lose her.  And making the final decision was horrible; like you, we decided the time had come when she finally went off to hide and was no longer social...up to that point even when she was too weak to jump into my lap she'd still make the effort, and I'd pick her up and put her down gently.

She was a special cat, and I still miss her after several years.

Take good care of yourself and Sam.
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12-Feb-11, 03:35:09 PM »

Donna - I haven't had a furry pet in a while, but I have had many feathered friends/pets and I share your sorrow in losing a beloved family member. Your beloved Bucca will be waiting for you on the other side of Rainbow Bridge.  Of that, I am a firm believer.  We will all be united one day.  All of us reading your words of keeping Bucca alive know that  pain and love you felt, and know that you did the right thing...as painful as it was.   Treasure the memories of the days you shared.  Lucky Bucca to have had you!  My deepest condolences.  Time does heal, but memories keep us going.   I lost my  18 year old Winnie-bird three years ago.  After many years of egg laying problems and  her heart disease and  fighting to keep her going, she waited until I got home from work, and died in my hand.  I know she waited for me, and is still waiting. The amazing part is that exactly one week prior to her passing, she was at the vet's office, and my wonderful vet snapped Winnie's picture while Winnie was on my shoulder.  That is the picture that I  look at every day, and I still say good morning to her each day.
Bucca knows...

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12-Feb-11, 04:16:20 PM »

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss, Donna...we lost a kitty to kidney failure a couple of years ago; it was in an early stage when they caught it, so we learned to do the fluids ourselves, but she never liked it!  She made it to 18 1/2, so I can't complain about the length of her life, but it was still terrible to lose her.  And making the final decision was horrible; like you, we decided the time had come when she finally went off to hide and was no longer social...up to that point even when she was too weak to jump into my lap she'd still make the effort, and I'd pick her up and put her down gently.

She was a special cat, and I still miss her after several years.

Take good care of yourself and Sam.

Patti, Bucca's sister, Shadow was diagnosed 2 yrs ago with Kidney failure. He told Mark put her down now. Mark refused, took her home and fed her what she wanted to eat. She was thin also. Took her to another vet who said yes, she is in failure, gave him a few meds, no fluids and she is still alive today. I don't get it but anyway, wow your cat lived a long life and you did good by her. When they hide, we know and they know. Thank you.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 12-Feb-11, 04:23:14 PM »

Margaret, your Winnie was special. Birds are very very smart. I lost a few of them too, sheesh, I wish they lived forever. Thank you for sharing your story with us. Everyone has a pet story and when they leave us, they leave a scar.  angel

pdk
Fluffball

Like Count: 11

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 13-Feb-11, 06:02:45 PM »

Donna, I am so sorry about your Bucca.
Patricia (Florida)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: