THE FORUM

01-May-24, 06:39:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Donna needs some hugs!  (Read 12303 times)
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« on: 11-Feb-11, 09:48:50 AM »

It seems that Donna will have to say good-bye to her cat, Bucca, today. He has been a sick little fellow for a while now, and I am sure the decision was a long time in coming. For any of us who have bid farewell to a beloved pet, we know how hard that is. And that the tears can last for a long time.

So to Donna and Co. - as you take Bucca across the Rainbow Bridge - we are thinking about you and sending love and hugs!

Sad
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 11-Feb-11, 09:54:55 AM »

heart  I couldn't have said it better Bobbie! Much love and support coming your way my friend!  heart

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11-Feb-11, 10:49:38 AM »

Cry I'm so sorry Donna.  Sending lots of hugs.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
rushhen06
Fledgling

Like Count: 17

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11-Feb-11, 12:30:29 PM »

Bucca will always be in your heart.   

Hugs.

Helen R
Wing Goose
Tiercel

Like Count: 37

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11-Feb-11, 03:31:14 PM »

Many hugs to you Donna.

rose rose
       Lola

Lola
valhalla
« Reply #5 on: 11-Feb-11, 04:54:24 PM »

Bart welcomed him - I just hope they don't get into too much trouble. 

Speaking of which, I am shameless, and as with Bart, please go to your linen closets and take your old sheets and towels to your local shelter or vet.  God knows that they can use this stuff for bedding!  A $$ donation wouldn't hurt either (in honor of Bucca).  A $$ donation here (for all that Donna does every day) in memory of Bucca would also go a long way and be appreciated.  Thank you.
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11-Feb-11, 06:46:45 PM »

So sorry for your loss today Donna.   rose

Peregrines know no borders.....
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11-Feb-11, 06:51:40 PM »

I am so sorry and I am thinking of you, Donna.  Bucca had a great mom to love and care for him.  I hope he and my Harley  have found each other and are romping, free from their illnesses

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Dot_Forrester
Tiercel

Like Count: 50

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11-Feb-11, 08:23:40 PM »

Donna, my thoughts are with you on this sad day.  Bucca will always be in your heart because of the love you two shared, and that can never be taken away. I like to imagine all our former beloved cat companions playing happily together somewhere.  I am so sorry.

Dot in PA
Tokira
Juvie

Like Count: 142

Kaetzchen Gabriella of Tokira

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11-Feb-11, 09:36:15 PM »

From the kfalconcam list from my Friend Mary:

I'm so sorry, Donna.  Carol F. (Tokira) and I have been in your shoes many times, both of us having raised cats for years, and it never gets any easier.  Having a group of animal lovers like this around you does help, so please know there are many virtual arms reaching out to hug you.

Mary in Charlotte (NC)
Tokira
Juvie

Like Count: 142

Kaetzchen Gabriella of Tokira

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11-Feb-11, 09:41:03 PM »

From the kfalconcam list from my Friend Mary:

I'm so sorry, Donna.  Carol F. (Tokira) and I have been in your shoes many times, both of us having raised cats for years, and it never gets any easier.  Having a group of animal lovers like this around you does help, so please know there are many virtual arms reaching out to hug you.

Mary in Charlotte (NC)

As many as we've had to bid adieu over the years, it seems the tears are nearer the surface each time.  Hugs to you tonight, Donna.  May he bask in the light from the rainbow at the bridge, with Janet's Bart, Mary's guys, My Bart and Polly, and all the others.
Hugs to you.
Carol
WV
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11-Feb-11, 09:50:22 PM »

I'm so very sorry for your loss, Donna.  Sad  Hugs

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12-Feb-11, 08:09:20 AM »

Thank you all so much for your kind words. Yesterday was the hardest for me and my family. Gee, I can't stop crying. It started in October when we noticed Bucca's bottom jaw looked crooked and he couldn't eat. Took him to vet and all she noticed was maybe a small gum infection. Wow, it totally deformed his face. Ok so antibiotics for 7 days and he was cured, not! We noticed his weight going down, (Bucca was a huge cat, over 22 pounds) so when he lost a few ounces, who knew? Then he started shedding pounds and we knew something more was wrong. A trip to the vet for some blood work told us he was in Kidney failure! OMG, no, it can't be right. She said his numbers were off the charts. For example, his BUN for normal should have been 15-35, Bucca's was a 199 and all his other numbers were high also. I asked, how long, she couldn't give me an answer but I'm sure she knew. Said we can start him on fluid therapy, bring him in 5 days a week for a drip. I was willing to do so, then remembered we have a vet tech right next door. I asked Pamela if she would be willing to do this and she agreed. Went to vet, picked up a bag of fluids, the line and a needle. 1 bag will last 5 treatments, not bad I thought for $25 a week, (so I thought)! I went home and looked online for prices for the same fluid. WOW, was I shocked. I found the same thing for $4.49 a bag, so I ordered 5 of them plus free shipping, (with a prescription, of course). OK, so he had his 5 drips a week and was doing good, (a miracle I thought), yes, just for a few weeks. His health started failing bad about 4 days ago, he looked different, didn't eat much or drink, (he would only drink from the tub spicket at this point). When he tried to jump on the tub, he would fall in, not good. Called the vet again, Bucca won't eat, he said bring him in, we can hook him up for a few days with a few different fluids. I said guarantee? He said no, he is too far gone. He even said which shocked me that Bucca should not even be alive at this point! Whoa, heartache for sure. Well, we made Bucca comfy but all he wanted to do was hide, then we knew it was time. I made the most unimaginable call of my life and we took him in. By this time Bucca was 12 pounds and all you felt was bone. He laid on that table and he purred with every ounce of energy he had left as me and my daughter held him. He so knew we loved him and showed it by keeping his motor running. As I laid my head on his small frail body, I felt his last purr. Why did I do that? I needed to as I loved him with all that I had. He went peaceful. I pray he's at peace now. So THANK you all so much, I really do appreciate your heartfelt thoughts. I read them all to my family, which of course, made us all cry. It was a good cry. What a great bunch of animal lovers we have here and I know I'm not the only one to go through this.  heart and hugs to you all.

Donna & Family

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12-Feb-11, 08:33:17 AM »

Donna and family, as I try to write this, I am crying so hard.  My heart aches for you all.  It is just awful to watch our beloved furry family members decline like this.  Bucca's purring was his gift of love to you for all the love you gave him-- and the biggest gift of love- to release him from his illness.  Every year, in Sept. I interpret an animal memorial service and I will light a candle for sweet Bucca when I do it this year.  I remember sobbing over my Harley's body.  and having to make that same horrrible but loving decision.  I hope you know how much we feel for you and your family and understand

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12-Feb-11, 08:52:24 AM »

Donna and family, as I try to write this, I am crying so hard.  My heart aches for you all.  It is just awful to watch our beloved furry family members decline like this.  Bucca's purring was his gift of love to you for all the love you gave him-- and the biggest gift of love- to release him from his illness.  Every year, in Sept. I interpret an animal memorial service and I will light a candle for sweet Bucca when I do it this year.  I remember sobbing over my Harley's body.  and having to make that same horrrible but loving decision.  I hope you know how much we feel for you and your family and understand

heart Thank you jeanne, that would be so nice.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: