THE FORUM

24-Apr-24, 08:05:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hartford - Travelers  (Read 34198 times)
DebbieB
Fluffball

Like Count: 3

View Profile
« on: 08-Mar-11, 04:58:50 PM »

I happened to just check the camera and there was a falcon at the nest, looked like the female.  Looks like a scrape is started.    Spring is close!   clap
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 08-Mar-11, 06:45:28 PM »

I check every day, good catch Debbie. YAY

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16-Mar-11, 01:29:52 PM »

Caught a falcon at Travelers!

valhalla
« Reply #3 on: 16-Mar-11, 01:31:13 PM »

I do wish there was a box there.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16-Mar-11, 01:40:31 PM »

Me too Janet, remember the year she and the eggs were covered in snow? In the Summer, they are so hot up there on the roof with no protection! If the were our falcons, they'd be sitting pretty.

valhalla
« Reply #5 on: 17-Mar-11, 05:07:10 AM »

Me too Janet, remember the year she and the eggs were covered in snow? In the Summer, they are so hot up there on the roof with no protection! If the were our falcons, they'd be sitting pretty.

I do.  Wasn't Buckeye (RIP) covered in snow one year, too?  I guess if the location was really bad, the birds wouldn't use them  confused
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20-Mar-11, 07:49:13 AM »

1st Egg !!  2thumbsup

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21-Mar-11, 05:03:18 PM »

Peregrine Watch at Travelers Tower

Nest News 2011

2011 March 21 - The falcon is now incubating one egg. From this webcam shot, it was laid during the early evening of March 19.

2011 March 16 - 2011 March 16 - A falcon has returned to nest on the tower ledge. It is currently preparing the box for what we hope to be a successful nesting season.

YAY, they are updating!!

http://falconcam.travelers.com/news.html

DebbieB
Fluffball

Like Count: 3

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25-Mar-11, 06:42:34 PM »

Saw 3 eggs this morning, website confirmed.

http://falconcam.travelers.com/news.html

She's been pretty much sitting on the eggs fulltime since egg #1, at least almost everytime I check.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25-Mar-11, 07:27:33 PM »

Thanks Debbie! Good news.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 31-Mar-11, 06:46:24 PM »

4 EGGS!!

daawizz
Fluffball

Like Count: 5

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12-Apr-11, 05:35:21 PM »

Just an update from Hartford, as I work just 7 floors below we have been tracking the progress since the 4th the egg was laid on 3/29. This female, whom we assume is the same one from 2007 and 2009 (post Mariah whom hailed from Greece NY) that was born un-named in Lawence MA in 2003, gets A plus for dilgence, we have access to the image server that captures the stills every 10 minutes and posts them on-line, and for the last two weeks we have seen maybe just 5 pictures from the thousands where she is not sitting on the eggs.  CT DEP, besides being understaffed due to budget, has always taken the approach that these are wild annimals so do not treat them as pets. thus they do not name them and have recommended to Travelers the simple box, mind you it faces east so it gets sun only in the AM.  We also are missing the peyton place atmosphere that Archer's two timing has created in Rochester (where I just happened to grow up) , hey, as long as the child support is there, go for it.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12-Apr-11, 05:45:44 PM »

Just an update from Hartford, as I work just 7 floors below we have been tracking the progress since the 4th the egg was laid on 3/29. This female, whom we assume is the same one from 2007 and 2009 (post Mariah whom hailed from Greece NY) that was born un-named in Lawence MA in 2003, gets A plus for dilgence, we have access to the image server that captures the stills every 10 minutes and posts them on-line, and for the last two weeks we have seen maybe just 5 pictures from the thousands where she is not sitting on the eggs.  CT DEP, besides being understaffed due to budget, has always taken the approach that these are wild annimals so do not treat them as pets. thus they do not name them and have recommended to Travelers the simple box, mind you it faces east so it gets sun only in the AM.  We also are missing the peyton place atmosphere that Archer's two timing has created in Rochester (where I just happened to grow up) , hey, as long as the child support is there, go for it.

I guess simple box is all they got. Hey, it works. Thanks for the info daawizz, appreciate it. Been watching Travelers for years.

daawizz
Fluffball

Like Count: 5

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 18-Apr-11, 04:53:44 PM »

I figured everyone is getting impatient waiting for some hatching, so here are some pics from last years Travelers banding day that never got published for some reason. There had been a fourth eyas but it had wandered off the main terrace, it may have survived as there are 3 terraces that drop a foot each, the last terrace drops 2 stories,  It was never seen again but the sub terraces are not easily viewable, The DEP officer came solo and was unable to look around at all so we will never know.  Love Mama’s glare as she sat outside the window, if looks could kill..  enjoy Russ

PS – Mom remains diligent this year, should have hatching in about a week or more
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 28-Apr-11, 08:43:34 AM »

They have a hatch or hatches....not sure...eggshells!!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: