THE FORUM

23-Sep-24, 01:24:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Super Moon  (Read 10200 times)
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 28-Mar-11, 10:36:03 PM »

It is unreasonable to take offense to something that was not meant to cause it.  Why such vitriol over an innocent comment? Again, I say: wow.

Personally, I found nothing wrong with Janet's post. Like everyone say's, if you don't like it, skip over it. Don't attack. Ok, back to our regularly scheduled program...EGGS! thumbsup

yes

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28-Mar-11, 10:47:07 PM »

It is unreasonable to take offense to something that was not meant to cause it.  Why such vitriol over an innocent comment? Again, I say: wow.

Personally, I found nothing wrong with Janet's post. Like everyone say's, if you don't like it, skip over it. Don't attack. Ok, back to our regularly scheduled program...EGGS! thumbsup

yes
I agree with Dawn and Donna and MAK
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 28-Mar-11, 10:47:51 PM »

It is unreasonable to take offense to something that was not meant to cause it.  Why such vitriol over an innocent comment? Again, I say: wow.

I didn't either, Donna. I think a mountain was made out of a molehill-just my opinion.  Yes!  Nuff said-back to eggs!!!
« Last Edit: 28-Mar-11, 10:55:40 PM by Kris G. » Logged

anneintoronto
« Reply #18 on: 28-Mar-11, 11:22:00 PM »

The minute Janet mentioned that this gentleman “was able to teach science and not go against creation”, she opened the door!  That was a purely religious statement of approval by her, not just “of a description of a well-respected person”!   I, on the other hand, did not say anything religious at all, save what is taught around this entire world, by every religion.  And I find it hard to believe that anyone would dispute those well known edicts!

I do not think that an apology is warranted, nor will it be given.  I didn’t say a word against this teacher, Bob.  Not one word!  He was welcome to believe whatever he wanted.  That is not my call, not my business.  But for Janet to blatantly bring her opinion to a Bird Forum, was arrant and not welcome, as far as I and, apparently, other members of this group are concerned.

I repeat that there is no space in this Bird and Nature Forum for religious comments.  And I’m sure that there are many others who do and will agree, whether they are willing to expose themselves or not!  I am not that retiring!  I do not come here to be lectured on what is right to believe, as Janet was unabashedly suggesting.  She knew exactly what she was saying, doing, and thus, by making that conscious comment, challenged anyone to agree or disagree.  That’s how the English language works, how humans think.  So I took up the challenge.  Don’t expect me to back down from what I, too, feel is important!  How dare you even suggest it!

And, further more, perhaps if more people would stop “lurking” and giving “two word” comments, that do nothing to improve our group’s general dynamics, then comments such as Janet’s and mine would not be needed.  There is very poor input in this group too often, too much weak conformity by the next person along, without any intelligent, well thought out feedback.  I am, frankly, bored by lurkers, who fail to add anything to this group, tired of emoticons and two-word comments from an exclusive, but growing group of people, who seem to be more interested in “like” numbers, than saying anything responsible, intelligent, worthy of our thought.  These so-called brief moments of “feedback” do nothing to enlarge the knowledge or effect the attitudes of our members.  They are time and space consuming only!  Some of the people, who fall into this category, have written to me over various issues and are completely capable of writing well, capable of expressing really intelligent opinions!!  Is it just boredom that makes them respond this way or is it the general malaise that seems to be gripping this group.  I don’t know and I really don’t understand.  It is a issue that has been widely bandied about outside this forum, by frustrated members.  Maybe it is time to bring it in and get it over with!  Perhaps then we could all look forward to participating, anticipating, good group interactions.  Maybe we would not have lost so many intelligent, bird-knowledgeable members over the recent years!!  Because this is one of the main complaints I have received, when I’ve gone after those lost members, wondering where they are, really, sincerely missing them.  They say that few people, in the group as a whole, seem to really care about specific or even basic ornithology anymore.  They just don’t have time to search through all the inconsequential comments, to find the basics, with which the group originally started.  They just can’t be bothered!!

So there you go.  If you are offended, then so be it.  I did not set out to displease.  Just to ask that religion be not included in posts.  And please note – Janet has not written, either on the forum or to me personally!  I wonder why...  Maybe she sees my post as fair.  Or maybe not...  I have no idea!

Anne in Toronto

Tokira
Juvie

Like Count: 142

Kaetzchen Gabriella of Tokira

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 29-Mar-11, 12:36:48 AM »

The minute Janet mentioned that this gentleman “was able to teach science and not go against creation”, she opened the door! 

Good Grief!  What a major flap about a simple observation.  Sure, religion and politics do not belong here, we all have our own views on both.  But I didn't see anybody promoting OR denigrating anyone else's views until this post.  My plea?  Lighten up!
Carol Furnée
valhalla
« Reply #20 on: 29-Mar-11, 05:33:49 AM »

Hmmmm....
Sounds like someone got coal in their stocking.... Kiss Kiss
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 29-Mar-11, 07:46:20 AM »

clap  WELL SAID, DONNA!   Let the eggs begin! 
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 29-Mar-11, 10:13:22 AM »

Jeeze Anne, I guess I'm one of those people you're speaking of when you mention emoticons and 2 word comments. Let me just say that when I have something to say I say it. I enjoy the smilies and you are not the first person from this forum that has had a problem with my usage of them. That's ok cuz I have broad shoulders. For you to suggest that I don't say anything "responsible,intelligent or worthy of your thought" is a totally blatant statement on your part. I guess you don't read my watch reports. They certainly have more than two words. I put a considerable amount of time and effort into putting them together.Taking the pictures when I could just sit back and enjoy the falcons,sifting through for the pics I feel are worthy enough to post, downloading them and referring to my tweets to make sure I am accurate with what I write in my report for all the world to see- including you. So yes, I am very offended by you and your words. I guess I'm not intelligent enough for you. ALL people in this country have a right to "like" whatever they want regardless of IQ and this forum is made up of many people including ones that use emoticons and short comments I'm sorry you have such bad feelings toward some of us but hey, nature doesn't care. The falcons will still wake up in the morning and I will be there to observe and share! Can we please move forward and leave this behind us where it belongs?!

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 29-Mar-11, 10:49:10 AM »

ENOUGH!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print