THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 10:14:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stone Owl NL  (Read 16936 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 15-Jun-12, 03:20:13 PM »

Sorry, Donna, it's too late to help the leg but they could still rescue it and keep it in a sanctuary.  This little darling will never get out of the box with that leg, he will starve unless someone does something before the parents expect it to start it's fledge routine, which it can never accomplish.

I don't think they like to help over there. They let nature be.  crying I'm not watching anymore, can't bear it.

carla
Tiercel

Like Count: 78

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 15-Jun-12, 04:02:00 PM »

From what I read on the weblog,there is still a change that the owlet is strong enough to fledge,for now he's doing well.Then in about two weeks when its fledging time,it has to fledge on his own,if that's impossible then there is a big problem.I can't even think about that.
It's hard to watch,but at least the owlet is doing well at this moment.
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 15-Jun-12, 04:08:38 PM »

Sorry, Donna, it's too late to help the leg but they could still rescue it and keep it in a sanctuary.  This little darling will never get out of the box with that leg, he will starve unless someone does something before the parents expect it to start it's fledge routine, which it can never accomplish.

I don't think they like to help over there. They let nature be.  crying I'm not watching anymore, can't bear it.

A VERY tough situation... pray

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 15-Jun-12, 05:34:29 PM »

From what I read on the weblog,there is still a change that the owlet is strong enough to fledge,for now he's doing well.Then in about two weeks when its fledging time,it has to fledge on his own,if that's impossible then there is a big problem.I can't even think about that.
It's hard to watch,but at least the owlet is doing well at this moment.

Oh thanks Carla, I was looking for info on the baby. Hope he does well.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 30-Jun-12, 07:59:16 AM »

The little Stone Owl has died!  crying  June 25

The chick of the owl is deceased. Who the developments of recent times has followed this knows that there for a while was coming. Nevertheless, the final moment is always sad.

This weekend we could soon be seeing less. The young no longer begged for food and showed little resilience. The young owl has to include many forces lost by the flawed leg.

Ronald Harxen has already announced on the blog for the bird to investigate. Hopefully we get a result at least a little more clarity about what exactly was going on.

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 30-Jun-12, 08:50:06 AM »

The chick of the owl is deceased. Who the developments of recent times has followed this knows that there for a while was coming. Nevertheless, the final moment is always sad.

This weekend we could soon be seeing less. The young no longer begged for food and showed little resilience. The young owl has to include many forces lost by the flawed leg.

Ronald Harxen has already announced on the blog for the bird to investigate. Hopefully we get a result at least a little more clarity about what exactly was going on.

This has been hard to watch. I knew it wasn't going to end well for the little one.  Sad

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 30-Jun-12, 09:02:41 AM »

I haven't looked in a while but figured maybe a miracle has happened.  crying

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 30-Jun-12, 09:52:16 AM »

Sad

-John Burroughs
nycbird
Fledgling

Like Count: 25

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 30-Jun-12, 12:12:20 PM »

There was nothing wrong with that owlet.  It was perfectly healthy and could have been saved
with proper attention to the leg when it was still only a week old and the problem was discovered.
The leg could have been "hobbled" and the chick put back with the mother to continue raising.
When the leg corrected, the hobbles could have been removed and the chick would have grown
normally and fledged to the wild. They have access to band, so why not help the chick??
This is bound to happen again if they do not put some kind of "rough" surface on the nest floor.
This problem is usually caused by the chick not being able to gain footing as it crawls around
and is unable to keep its feet under it.
Just my opinion, but it comes from experience.......successful experience.

nycbird
carla
Tiercel

Like Count: 78

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 30-Jun-12, 02:34:00 PM »

The little Stone Owl has died!  crying  June 25

There was nothing wrong with that owlet.  It was perfectly healthy and could have been saved
with proper attention to the leg when it was still only a week old and the problem was discovered.
The leg could have been "hobbled" and the chick put back with the mother to continue raising.
When the leg corrected, the hobbles could have been removed and the chick would have grown
normally and fledged to the wild. They have access to band, so why not help the chick??
This is bound to happen again if they do not put some kind of "rough" surface on the nest floor.
This problem is usually caused by the chick not being able to gain footing as it crawls around
They could have done something,they should have done something.It's very sad,I couldn't
watch it the last week.There was a lot of disagreement on the forum there,so I stopped reading all that.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 30-Jun-12, 02:50:16 PM »

The little Stone Owl has died!  crying  June 25

There was nothing wrong with that owlet.  It was perfectly healthy and could have been saved
They could have done something,they should have done something.It's very sad,I couldn't
watch it the last week.There was a lot of disagreement on the forum there,so I stopped reading all that.

I know people were getting into it as to what should or shouldn't be done.  It was tough to watch and read. Like someone said on another Forum-with so many watching, there should have been an intervention but because they choose to not intervene, it's just better to not watch. At least now the little one isn't suffering anymore.
« Last Edit: 30-Jun-12, 02:59:54 PM by Kris G. » Logged

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 30-Jun-12, 03:31:36 PM »

I saw the video of the owlet laying on it's back struggling and very weak. It broke my heart to watch, so I shut it down. AWFUL!!!

(No he's not suffering now but he sure was before)

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 01-Mar-13, 06:26:44 AM »

http://www.beleefdelente.nl/  Back online   2thumbsup

Breeding season has begun
The owl nests now on two eggs. The storks since last week mating and Thursday even twice. The owl has inspected the hive.
March 01/03/2013
10:06 hours
Enjoy spring start!
Watch live now bring stork, kestrel, peregrine falcon, eagle owl and owl. As of this afternoon, we can admire the great tits as she inspected the hive.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 01-Mar-13, 02:21:17 PM »

cool-045 Cool!  cool-045

-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 03-Mar-13, 03:45:02 PM »

http://www.beleefdelente.nl/vogel/steenuil Check out the first video. March 3. Burglar too thick!!   harhar

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: