THE FORUM

22-Sep-24, 05:21:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Birds keep an eagle eye on problem pigeons (UK)  (Read 1472 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« on: 04-Apr-11, 08:42:19 PM »

A Fish Eagle and Peregrine Falcon are standing guard at a Sandwell museum to keep pooping pigeons at bay.

Sandwell Council has drafted in the duo to help keep the peace at Haden Hill House Museum in Rowley Regis.

They have been placed by first floor windows to scare the pigeons away and stop them splattering pathways.

A staff member suggested the idea after seeing plastic owls stuck on the outside of buildings to discourage pigeons.

Frank Caldwell, museums service manager, said: "We've got some wonderful Victorian taxidermic specimens which we have pressed into service.

"To date we've recruited a White Tailed Fish Eagle and a Peregrine Falcon which eagle-eyed visitors may be able to spot looking out from first floor windows.

"It's very much a 'try it and see' at this stage but if it works we might experiment with other birds at our other sites."

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 04-Apr-11, 09:19:41 PM »

Great idea! I hope it works. Grin

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: