THE FORUM

16-Apr-24, 08:33:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: San Jose Peregrines  (Read 83333 times)
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 19-May-17, 06:05:29 PM »

clap Thanks DebbieZ!  Grin

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 19-May-17, 06:37:07 PM »

Fly well little ones!! Thanks Deb!!

AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 06-Dec-17, 06:36:08 PM »

Posted on the San Jose Facebook page on December 2:

Great falcon news!!

October 28, 2017, Lori Michel and myself were able to identify a falcon on Hoover Tower at Stanford campus. It was U/58, a male that came out of United hangar in 2014 who is the son of Cato (2012 Fruitvale) who is the son of Hiko (2007 San Jose) and Tremain which makes him the great grandson of Clara. Today, once again Lori contacted me and she said that she was looking at a juvie in Palo Alto. I met up with her and I was able to identify 60/P who is Finn, a 2017 San Jose bird. He had a full crop and looked great. John

AlisonL
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 06-Dec-17, 06:39:23 PM »

The cam was down for a while, but is now working again.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 06-Dec-17, 09:45:49 PM »

Posted on the San Jose Facebook page on December 2:

Great falcon news!!

October 28, 2017, Lori Michel and myself were able to identify a falcon on Hoover Tower at Stanford campus. It was U/58, a male that came out of United hangar in 2014 who is the son of Cato (2012 Fruitvale) who is the son of Hiko (2007 San Jose) and Tremain which makes him the great grandson of Clara. Today, once again Lori contacted me and she said that she was looking at a juvie in Palo Alto. I met up with her and I was able to identify 60/P who is Finn, a 2017 San Jose bird. He had a full crop and looked great. John

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
AlisonL
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 22-Feb-18, 11:53:29 AM »

Clara laid her first egg this morning right around 8:10 a.m. San Jose time! Congratulations to Clara and Fernando!

Clara had been spending a lot of time in the nest over the last few days.

Preparing to lay the egg:

One last push, and the egg is there:

http://sanjose.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?publish_id=91
AlisonL
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 22-Feb-18, 04:17:56 PM »

Falconatic1
Eyas

Like Count: 5

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 15-Apr-19, 10:03:46 AM »

Hi everyone! This is Debbie Z reporting from Reno. The San Jose, California peregrines, Clara and Fernando, had four eggs this year, and just a few days ago three of them hatched! We are celebrating out West!

Debbie
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 15-Apr-19, 01:06:46 PM »

Hi everyone! This is Debbie Z reporting from Reno. The San Jose, California peregrines, Clara and Fernando, had four eggs this year, and just a few days ago three of them hatched! We are celebrating out West!

Debbie

Wow, they are truly the early birds! Thanks, Debbie.

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 15-Apr-19, 01:14:05 PM »

Debbie

good news

Falconatic1
Eyas

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: 02-May-19, 09:29:31 AM »

Hi everyone! Yesterday was banding day for 2019 in San Jose. We have two boys and one girl! Now we have set dates for fledge watch: May 16 - 23, or until all three have fledged. I will be going from Reno to San Jose on the 17th to assist for three days and nights (have to get a motel room).

We have started a poll for naming these three. I’ll let you know when the names are selected and match them up with the band numbers. Here is the web cam address again:

http://sanjose.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?publish_id=91

Talons crossed for safe fledging everywhere!

Debbie Z
Falconatic1
Eyas

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 01-Jun-19, 11:27:14 AM »

I’m pleased to report that the three San Jose, California Peregrine young have successfully fledged! It was cold and rainy for the five days I was there, but it didn’t bother the falcons in the least. We have one female and two males:
Annikah,12/AM  (left leg)   Red tape  (right leg)   FEMALE.
Cesar, U/38  (right leg)   Blue tape  (left leg)   MALE. For Cesar Chavez, the great labor activist & civil rights leader in California.
Naji, U/33 (left leg)  Silver (right leg)   MALE. Naji means “Survivor” in Arabic.

Here is a link to the banding video: https://vimeo.com/334361033
This nest box is on top of the HVAC column on the south side of City Hall. The only way for humans to access
it is to rappel down from the roof, so the young are banded on the spot. The bander is Zena Gluck, PhD., our new wildlife biologist from U.C. Santa Cruz, who is taking over for Glenn Stewart, who has done this for so many years and is retiring. He was on the roof top to guide Zena, and everything went great!

Here also is a link to the website of professional wildlife photographer Nick Dunlop, who was also on the roof.
https://www.nickdunlop.com/Image-Galleries/2019-Photos/2019-San-Jose-Falcons-Banding-Day/

Cesar is the leader and explorer, the first one to do everything. He fledged on May 17, with the other two following in the next two days. As they are flying around downtown San Jose now, our watching thru the web cam rarely reveals a falcon in view, as it should be. I miss seeing them, though! Our forum moderator, Paula A. checks regularly, and posts to the forum if any of them are in view of the cam.

Best wishes to all in Rochester, and May your fledging be as successful!

Debbie Z
Reno

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 01-Jun-19, 04:21:58 PM »

I’m pleased to report that the three San Jose, California Peregrine young have successfully fledged! It was cold and rainy for the five days I was there, but it didn’t bother the falcons in the least. We have one female and two males:
Annikah,12/AM  (left leg)   Red tape  (right leg)   FEMALE.
Cesar, U/38  (right leg)   Blue tape  (left leg)   MALE. For Cesar Chavez, the great labor activist & civil rights leader in California.
Naji, U/33 (left leg)  Silver (right leg)   MALE. Naji means “Survivor” in Arabic.

Here is a link to the banding video: https://vimeo.com/334361033
This nest box is on top of the HVAC column on the south side of City Hall. The only way for humans to access
it is to rappel down from the roof, so the young are banded on the spot. The bander is Zena Gluck, PhD., our new wildlife biologist from U.C. Santa Cruz, who is taking over for Glenn Stewart, who has done this for so many years and is retiring. He was on the roof top to guide Zena, and everything went great!

Here also is a link to the website of professional wildlife photographer Nick Dunlop, who was also on the roof.
https://www.nickdunlop.com/Image-Galleries/2019-Photos/2019-San-Jose-Falcons-Banding-Day/

Cesar is the leader and explorer, the first one to do everything. He fledged on May 17, with the other two following in the next two days. As they are flying around downtown San Jose now, our watching thru the web cam rarely reveals a falcon in view, as it should be. I miss seeing them, though! Our forum moderator, Paula A. checks regularly, and posts to the forum if any of them are in view of the cam.

Best wishes to all in Rochester, and May your fledging be as successful!

Debbie Z
Reno

Thanks for posting!  2thumbsup Great names..may they fly high and stay safe!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: