THE FORUM

19-Apr-24, 07:59:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My trip to Rochester  (Read 6816 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« on: 11-Apr-11, 08:12:19 PM »

Where do I start! First I want to thank MAK & Sue for opening their home up to me and my daughter. They have their home decorated so cute. Birdhouses, birds, pigs, wolves, flowers all over the inside. It's quite amazing. Good luck if they ever decide to paint! I woke up every day at 4 am, why? I had 2 more hours until we got ready to go see the stars of the trip, Archer & Beauty, trust me, they did not disappoint. As soon as we got to the bridge, one or both would take off from the nest box. The adrenaline rush you get from watching them is something you really must experience. I'm not one for sitting still and watching, I gotta go. I loved walking around the nest area. I sat right in front of TS on the opposite side of road and just gazed up at the nest. Quite an amazing setup.
On Saturday, I met many people, all very pleasant and informative. Now I know why Falcon watching can be so fun. I was down on Aqueduct St when a car pulls up and the woman says to me, "What ya looking at", as I had the binocs looking at the nest. I said, "Kathy?" She said, "how do you know?" She tried to catch me off guard and wanted me to say I was looking at Falcons. It backfired and I knew it was Kathy O. We had a good laugh at that one. She had to leave and it was business as usual, Falcons.
I'm jumping to Sunday as we, (MAK, myself, Joyce and Dana), watched Archer take off fast from TS and gave a great show...kakking as he left. He came back with prey and proceeded to go up to the NE level and gorge himself. I believe his 2nd trip landed him another prey, this time I watched him pluck the feathers and were they ever flying. I said OMG, the feathers are red!!! We all figured he caught himself a Cardinal. I was pretty upset at this point and felt bad for the bird. Archer certainly didn't care. He ate what he needed when suddenly Beauty came flying up and grabbed what was left and polished off the rest. Pretty amazing watching all this from across the street. There's so much to tell but this is just the tip of the Iceberg, the whole weekend was jam packed with birds, raptors, people and FUN.

I just want to thank you all for coming out on Saturday, I really had a good time with you all. I never got to meet Shaky, bummer but I will.  Cheesy I must say one thing, Lou looks amazing! What will power that man has. Good for you! I have lots of videos and pics that I will get up at some point. I don't have a BIG lens, so don't laugh!!  Embarrassed

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 11-Apr-11, 08:46:55 PM »

It was very nice seeing you again Donna.  I remember the first time I met you and your daughter on the pedestrian bridge watching Mariah and Kaver's young tear up the gorge.  Come again soon!   wave

Peregrines know no borders.....
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11-Apr-11, 08:53:56 PM »

It was very nice seeing you again Donna.  I remember the first time I met you and your daughter on the pedestrian bridge watching Mariah and Kaver's young tear up the gorge.  Come again soon!   wave

Thanks Carol and I will be back!  devil

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11-Apr-11, 08:55:37 PM »

I hope so!  and next time we'll ALL go to Dan's favorite restaurant, Ponderosa!   hungry

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11-Apr-11, 08:58:32 PM »

I hope so!  and next time we'll ALL go to Dan's favorite restaurant, Ponderosa!   hungry

I'm in!!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11-Apr-11, 11:07:06 PM »

http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/sharing/shareRedirectSwitchBoard.jsp?token=2156970440105%3A2110247023&sourceId=533754321803&cm_mmc=eMail-_-Share-_-Photos-_-Sharee

Here's some of my pics I took over the weekend. FUN times!!!

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12-Apr-11, 03:56:18 AM »

2thumbsup  Nice pics Donna!  flash

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
valhalla
« Reply #7 on: 12-Apr-11, 05:36:17 AM »

Looks like great fun!  I  heart the Snowy!  Thanks for thinking of me.  The bricks look good too - we did good!
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12-Apr-11, 05:01:51 PM »

Really nice pics Donna.  Thanks for sharing!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13-Apr-11, 06:20:33 PM »

Here's a picture I took of Tory. She sure is a pretty Falcon. I didn't know the color of the Falcon depends on what region they are from. She's very dark and is 4 years old.

Injury: Partial Wing Amputee and Now Unable to F
Aquired: September 2009 From Audubon Society of Portland Oregon

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13-Apr-11, 06:24:17 PM »

And one of my favorites, Barf! I found him fascinating. They couldn't bring him out because he gets nervous and barf's. So they say!

Sex: Male
Weight: 1960g. (4 1/2 lbs.)
Injury: Imprinted on humans
Acquired: May 1, 1987 when found stealing French fries
at a McDonald's in downtown Rochester, NY.

valhalla
« Reply #11 on: 13-Apr-11, 08:07:05 PM »

Maybe it is a Jersey thing, but Rich and I are with you 100% on the fascinating!  Ugly as sin when perched and poetry in motion!  Don't want to offend, but God knew what he was doing!  2thumbsup
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 13-Apr-11, 08:13:59 PM »

Maybe it is a Jersey thing, but Rich and I are with you 100% on the fascinating!  Ugly as sin when perched and poetry in motion!  Don't want to offend, but God knew what he was doing!  2thumbsup

Something about him I just love. I was glued to him! IDK

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: