THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 04:53:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 206   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quest and Kendal - Toronto/Don Mills  (Read 1309463 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 14-Apr-11, 06:17:31 PM »

This is wonderful news. I love the name Harlequin for an eyas, should there be any. Fingers crossed.

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 14-Apr-11, 06:28:21 PM »

This is so wonderful!  How ironic that Quest has started her love story near the publisher of love stories!  Fabulous that folks share our excitement!

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 14-Apr-11, 07:00:30 PM »

mbanana bguitar  Quest and Kendal=true love!  heart   Joyce and I saw this tiercel last year when we went to the Pickering Power Plant looking for Quest. Can't wait to see them again!!! You go girl!  Grin
 foxbinocs

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 14-Apr-11, 08:55:12 PM »

This is such exciting news about our Quest  - finally settling down with Kendal.  I remember those posts. 
And what luck to find an avid birder who recognized what she was seeing and share the news.   Quest is certainly an interesting bird to follow.   I hope the kids from Hilton  school  who named her in 2008 are still following her adventures. 
margaret
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 14-Apr-11, 09:05:34 PM »

If anyone is a fan of Kathryn Shay -- a Harlequin Romance author, let her know.  AKA Kathy Schaffer, a retired Gates-Chili  English teacher who is a best selling author for Harlequin. Many of her novels have a Rochester setting/feel.  Here is her next best seller in the making...   Who posted "Falcon Quest"?  Send the idea on to Kathy.
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 14-Apr-11, 09:45:17 PM »

mbanana bguitar  Quest and Kendal=true love!  heart   Joyce and I saw this tiercel last year when we went to the Pickering Power Plant looking for Quest. Can't wait to see them again!!! You go girl!  Grin
 foxbinocs

and Shaky, Carrie, Kathy O and I were the first to track down this dynamic duo at the Pickering Power Plant last year when her transmitter readings first started coming from that area.  I'm so happy she has finally settle down and found a mate.  I'm especially happy that they moved away from the Pickering Power Plant!  This is wonderful news.

Now about copulation.  Big Frank, you said that copulation was witnessed between our two love birds?  I take it her transmitter did not hinder them???  We were wondering if it would.  Time for it to fall off any way.  Maybe with all this "ahem!" activity, it finally will.   Wink

Peregrines know no borders.....
margaret
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 14-Apr-11, 10:15:53 PM »

I wondered the same thing, Carol, about the transmitter...if it would hinder mating activity or not. 
If copulation has been seen, I guess it doesn't.  My understanding of the transmitter is that it would fall off before this.  It's going on three years.  Is this a record for a transmitter being of a Pefa?   
It's been wonderful for us to be able to track Quest for these  almost three years.  Are there pefas out there wearing these backpacks for a longer time?  Just curious.
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 14-Apr-11, 10:24:28 PM »

That's a very good question Margaret and I don't know the answer.  It was definitely supposed to fall off after a couple years.  We can only hope that it does now.  That would be perfect timing!  2thumbsup

I wondered the same thing, Carol, about the transmitter...if it would hinder mating activity or not. 
If copulation has been seen, I guess it doesn't.  My understanding of the transmitter is that it would fall off before this.  It's going on three years.  Is this a record for a transmitter being of a Pefa?   
It's been wonderful for us to be able to track Quest for these  almost three years.  Are there pefas out there wearing these backpacks for a longer time?  Just curious.

Peregrines know no borders.....
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 14-Apr-11, 10:51:04 PM »

That's a very good question Margaret and I don't know the answer.  It was definitely supposed to fall off after a couple years.  We can only hope that it does now.  That would be perfect timing!  2thumbsup

Carol, when you guys saw her at Pickering, Kendal was with her??  I hope this doesn't hinder her!  As a side note, a friend of mine always says her babies will be born with little transmitters!  Won't happen (thankfully) but it lends itself to an interesting visualization! (Or  a Shaky picture)!

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
BIGFRANK
« Reply #24 on: 14-Apr-11, 11:14:45 PM »

As per the CPF posting by Tracy, "Bruce was able to witness mating behavoir between Quest and Kendal today and watched as Quest spent time on her selected ledge working on a nest scrape.  Bruce and I will both be on-site tomorrow as we are excitedly awaiting the potential arrival of eggs!!!"
We will of course keep you up to date as we get information.
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: 14-Apr-11, 11:28:29 PM »

I wonder if anyone at the Quest school that named Quest would be interested in knowing that she is in Toronto.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 15-Apr-11, 08:03:09 AM »

Since she has a scrape already, does that mean there are pebbles, gravel, some sort of material on the spot where they chose? Hope not just bare cement.

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 15-Apr-11, 08:18:11 AM »

This is the picture posted on the CPF site. Not as much material as were are used to, but it's enough to do the job.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 15-Apr-11, 08:25:11 AM »

Oh wow. What a great pic! Thanks

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 15-Apr-11, 11:48:33 AM »