THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 03:58:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 ... 206   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quest and Kendal - Toronto/Don Mills  (Read 1309635 times)
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: 01-May-11, 06:10:21 AM »

I am just happy she is somewhere where we can see her, and not just a blip on a map.

ditto

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
glothom
Fledgling

Like Count: 5

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: 01-May-11, 09:59:03 PM »

I am just happy she is somewhere where we can see her, and not just a blip on a map.

ditto I agree! This is so much better.

glo...
BIGFRANK
« Reply #392 on: 02-May-11, 05:52:21 AM »

More Quest And Kendal Photos
May 02, 2011 - Toronto - Don Mills
Frank Butson Reports:
CPF volunteer,Ann Brokelman sent along more fantastic photos of Quest and Kendal. Ann also reports seeing the pair mating. This was on April 30th. Thanks again to Ann for these images.
More Photos can be seen at
http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2011/05/sightings/more-quest-and-kendal-photos/
Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: 02-May-11, 06:26:55 AM »

New beautiful pictures of Quest and Kendal!  clap Thank you for sharing!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: 02-May-11, 06:58:52 AM »

Beautiful pics. Thank you so much.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: 02-May-11, 08:19:47 AM »

clap flash thanx

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: 02-May-11, 05:31:51 PM »

Thanks Anne!  Thanks BigFrank!  Beeeeeuuuuuutiful!   heart

Peregrines know no borders.....
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: 04-May-11, 07:58:07 PM »

Any news on Quest??? Nothing since April 30th. Anyone have contact with Harlequin? Just wondering how the last egg is doing. Thanks!!

BIGFRANK
« Reply #398 on: 04-May-11, 08:15:10 PM »

Scrape Scrap:Kendal Attacks
May 04, 2011 - Toronto - Don Mills
Frank Butson Reports:
CPF Volunteer,Ann Brokelman reporting:
Today was very exciting,if for only a minute or so.  Kendal was sitting on a ledge,when all of a sudden the warning call went out.  I looked up to see a Turkey Vulture. Kendal  flew off and that seemed to be it,but moments later the Turkey Vulture was behind the building,with a ticked off Peregrine Falcon in hot pursuit.  Over and over Kendal  hit the Turkey Vulture.  Thanks to Ann,for  photos of the exciting event!
See the photos at:
http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/c/sightings/toronto-don-mills/

To answer Donna,incubation continues. Kendal and Quest are sharing duties.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: 04-May-11, 08:29:06 PM »

Thanks for posting the report, BF!  And thanks to Ann for the great pics!!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: 04-May-11, 08:31:48 PM »

Gee, I should ask more often!!! Thanks so much BF, what perfect timing!! GREAT pics too!

margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: 04-May-11, 09:06:26 PM »

Thanks,Donna for asking, and thank you to BF and Ann for the report and pics of Kendal with TV. 
I left work yesterday and stopped because  I saw the  ugliest thing sitting in the road.  It flew up when I passed, so of course I stopped and then saw three turkey vultures sitting in trees on the side of the road.  I pulled out my binocs and just sat and watched them.  They are big and  "big ugly".   So good for Kendal for sounding the alarm and chasing this  big, ugly TV from the nest. 
Actually, if someone can answer...how much of a threat are TVs to the nest?  I thought they were only attracted to carrion, and by the scent or gasses given off by decaying matter.  Do TVs prey on nests too?
I know our parents downtown have been subject to TVs  and given chase as well.  Can anyone inform?
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: 04-May-11, 09:26:33 PM »

Turkey Vultures are usually just floating through the area on migration.  They may be attracted to the caches left by the Peregrines on top of buildings.  As far as I know, they are no threat to Peregrines or their young.  They are just in the wrong spot at the wrong time, when it comes to a protective Peregrine Papa.  

Personally, I think Turkey Vultures are handsome birds.  If you get a chance to visit with Barf at Wild Wings, you might change your opinion.   wub2

Carol P.

Thanks,Donna for asking, and thank you to BF and Ann for the report and pics of Kendal with TV.  
I left work yesterday and stopped because  I saw the  ugliest thing sitting in the road.  It flew up when I passed, so of course I stopped and then saw three turkey vultures sitting in trees on the side of the road.  I pulled out my binocs and just sat and watched them.  They are big and  "big ugly".   So good for Kendal for sounding the alarm and chasing this  big, ugly TV from the nest.  
Actually, if someone can answer...how much of a threat are TVs to the nest?  I thought they were only attracted to carrion, and by the scent or gasses given off by decaying matter.  Do TVs prey on nests too?
I know our parents downtown have been subject to TVs  and given chase as well.  Can anyone inform?

Peregrines know no borders.....
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: 04-May-11, 09:42:00 PM »

Turkey Vultures are usually just floating through the area on migration.  They may be attracted to the caches left by the Peregrines on top of buildings.  As far as I know, they are no threat to Peregrines or their young.  They are just in the wrong spot at the wrong time, when it comes to a protective Peregrine Papa.  

Personally, I think Turkey Vultures are handsome birds.  If you get a chance to visit with Barf at Wild Wings, you might change your opinion.   wub2

Carol P.

I left work yesterday and stopped because  I saw the  ugliest thing sitting in the road.  It flew up when I passed, so of course I stopped and then saw three turkey vultures sitting in trees on the side of the road.  I pulled out my binocs and just sat and watched them.  They are big and  "big ugly".   So good for Kendal for sounding the alarm and chasing this  big, ugly TV from the nest.  
Actually, if someone can answer...how much of a threat are TVs to the nest?  I thought they were only attracted to carrion, and by the scent or gasses given off by decaying matter.  Do TVs prey on nests too?
I know our parents downtown have been subject to TVs  and given chase as well.  Can anyone inform?
I fell in love with Barf, he caught my attention!!  heart

Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: 04-May-11, 10:23:36 PM »

I love my TVs too. I think they are beautiful fliers.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 ... 206   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: