THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 09:34:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 ... 206   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quest and Kendal - Toronto/Don Mills  (Read 1309883 times)
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #750 on: 18-Jun-11, 07:08:34 PM »

Sure hope they consider giving Quest an enclosed box so she won't have to spend half her days being an Mumbrella from the sun & rain next year.

Funny you are talking about this as Frank told me that last night on our fledge watch that Quest will likely be getting a nestbox with cover once the season is done.  This one was done quickly to respond to an urgent situation

Great news... anyone within arms reach of Big Frank and the CPF guys, give them a big hug from nycbird!!!!

That is funny...she's a first in many ways!

Nice, they are baking in that sun but when Harlie starts hopping out, she'll/he'll go right to that shaded corner.
good thing about a covered box is maybe Quest wont be bothered if anyone looks out that window above the tray
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #751 on: 19-Jun-11, 04:22:49 PM »

Chunk Monkey!!

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #752 on: 19-Jun-11, 06:33:26 PM »

yes hahaha

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
chlosmom
Juvie

Like Count: 12

View Profile
« Reply #753 on: 19-Jun-11, 07:14:39 PM »

just pleasingly plump  2thumbsup
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #754 on: 20-Jun-11, 08:03:44 AM »

Getting them pins!!! A well-rounded young falcon!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #755 on: 20-Jun-11, 08:38:43 AM »

!!! Everything has settled down and back to normal! Hatchling is growing big!!
June 18, 2011 - Toronto - Don Mills
Mark Nash Reports:

Just a quick up-date to let everyone know that all is well at the Don Mills nest site with Quest and Kendal having settled down after the brief set up of the swing stage equipment preparing for the banding on Tuesday of next week.

As you see while looking at the web camera, both Quest and Kendal have resumed regular routines despite the rope that now hangs in front of the nest ledge. Remember that the rope is nothing more than an inanimate non-human object and one that is not perceived as a threat of any kind.

The hatchling is growing fast and it will be very interesting to see if we have a male or a female baby.

Stay tuned……. Posted on June 19, 2011 11:18 am

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #756 on: 20-Jun-11, 09:14:38 AM »

"Mom, look!"

nycbird
Fledgling

Like Count: 25

View Profile
« Reply #757 on: 20-Jun-11, 02:09:49 PM »

Wouldn't it be fantastic if Harlequin (the company) would sponsor a transmitter and tracking for Harlequin (the pefa eyas)??

One can daydream, yeah??

nycbird
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #758 on: 20-Jun-11, 02:41:54 PM »

Wouldn't it be fantastic if Harlequin (the company) would sponsor a transmitter and tracking for Harlequin (the pefa eyas)??

One can daydream, yeah??

Good thinking, NYCB!!
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #759 on: 20-Jun-11, 03:34:04 PM »

I was just thinking ahead to when Harlie  fledges -- a question for MAK or Joyce or Carol -- those of you   who have visited Quest's ledge.  The building is not in a city block is it?  My feeling from looking at the pictures is that it is kind of a suburban office park situation.  What types of building, ledges, resting places are around for  Harlie once she flies?   And how many floors up is the scrape?   

Does the height or lack of height present any additional problems for a fledgling?   
Are there other concerns about the area?   
Can one of you describe the surrounding area for those of us who haven't been there?   Maybe take some pictures on Tuesday when you are up for the banding? 
thanks.
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #760 on: 20-Jun-11, 04:38:52 PM »

I will be happy to take pics of the surroundings for all to see on Tuesday. The ledge the nest tray is on isn't real high by falcon standards and I would say the building it's on is the shortest of any of the others near it. I'm not sure how many stories up it is.The other buildings have plenty of ledges for Harlie to land on. In my opinion she should do just fine and you know Quest will see to it! It is not in a city block and there didn't seem to be a lot of traffic. You could say it's like a suburban office park. I remember Tracy from CPF did say the first time we were there that a wooded area near a highway off in the distance could present a problem if she were to go over there, but it wasn't real close and again I am sure Kendal and Quest will steer her the right way.  Grin

-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #761 on: 20-Jun-11, 04:45:52 PM »

Harlie is out!

margaret
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #762 on: 20-Jun-11, 04:49:50 PM »

I'm afraid to look. You know, this morning, she was peering  or leaning over that scrape side and I had a feeling she was going to go over.     Can she get back in?   There doesn't appear to be a lot of space on that ledge.
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #763 on: 20-Jun-11, 04:54:17 PM »

scared blue  They are born afraid of heights so hopefully she went get too adventurous!  Quest should be able to get her back in the nest tray, she's way lighter than a pigeon. GULP!

-John Burroughs
margaret
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #764 on: 20-Jun-11, 04:55:51 PM »

You know, she may be ok. When I came back in, and looked at the web cam, it had stopped and she was in the corner of the ledge.  Somehow she made it over or around to the other side of the nest box where she is now.  I think someone wrote a short while ago that  they are instinctively afraid of the edge right now.  Hope her instincts are strong!  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 ... 206   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: