THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 04:15:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 ... 206   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quest and Kendal - Toronto/Don Mills  (Read 1309644 times)
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: 07-Jul-11, 09:33:04 AM »

Shaky, I was listening to the radio and there is a poutine vender at the public market! Yes, I know this is off topic!

Lonsberry is always lurking here and stealing my ideas.
clap clap  and he does like watching the falcons!!!

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: 07-Jul-11, 09:33:41 AM »

Well, I don't think our webcam operator has arrived yet, but I've notified him that our Harlequin is now perched on the tiny overhang at the southeast corner of the building. She's hopped 7 ledges down from the scrape and is standing right on the edge flapping her wings intermittently. I believe this is the appropriate moment to use this smiley:
scared blue

Also, I'm a Canadian who has never eaten poutine and, even though I'm a vegetarian, I don't think I'd ever be tempted in that direction. Just sayin'. Wink

Kat, I share your  scared blue scared blue scared blue

Anatole France
kat
Fledgling

Like Count: 13

View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: 07-Jul-11, 09:36:34 AM »

Yep! She seems to be testing her wings quite a lot this morning. She kind of stretches them out to feel the wind underneath them. And much flapping! We're supposed to have our fledge watch training at noon today. Hope it's not too late!!
kat
Fledgling

View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: 07-Jul-11, 10:10:40 AM »

Camera moved! happy

PS...the ledge looks deceptively lower than it is!
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: 07-Jul-11, 10:14:46 AM »

Yep! She seems to be testing her wings quite a lot this morning. She kind of stretches them out to feel the wind underneath them. And much flapping! We're supposed to have our fledge watch training at noon today. Hope it's not too late!!

OMG, Kat!!  I was watching the camera and there was a Staples truck near her.  at one point, she was "above" the easy button on the truck!  May it be easy for her and for all of you!  folks who park in that parking lot may need to be on watch also.  I'm so glad your training is today!

Anatole France
kat
Fledgling

View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: 07-Jul-11, 10:18:01 AM »

OMG, Kat!!  I was watching the camera and there was a Staples truck near her.  at one point, she was "above" the easy button on the truck!  May it be easy for her and for all of you!  folks who park in that parking lot may need to be on watch also.  I'm so glad your training is today!

Yes, the parking lot is disturbing. I'm hoping she decides to fly from the front of the building, like Quest and Kendal tend to do. But then, there's the street! Ugh. Looks like she's currently trying to hide from the camera again!
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: 07-Jul-11, 10:20:23 AM »

Yes, the parking lot is disturbing. I'm hoping she decides to fly from the front of the building, like Quest and Kendal tend to do. But then, there's the street! Ugh. Looks like she's currently trying to hide from the camera again!

If she is like her mother, ahem, it will be interesting!  I'm hoping if she decides to fly in the direction of the parking lot, it will be when folks are in.  Also, not to be an alarmist, but someone once drove off with a peregrine baby on the car and didn't stop so folks need to be aware and watching

Anatole France
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: 07-Jul-11, 10:39:32 AM »

Sounds like training is just in time.  I only hope that little Harlequin's first flight goes well! 
kat
Fledgling

View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: 07-Jul-11, 11:18:44 AM »

If she is like her mother, ahem, it will be interesting!  I'm hoping if she decides to fly in the direction of the parking lot, it will be when folks are in.  Also, not to be an alarmist, but someone once drove off with a peregrine baby on the car and didn't stop so folks need to be aware and watching

Ooh. Will have to get you guys to fill me in on Quest's first experiences! Although, she was carrying a bit of extra baggage! And...ack...a couple of us were just joking she might wind up on a UPS truck and we'd have to keep checking her tracking number. Eeeps!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: 07-Jul-11, 11:30:53 AM »

What part of the ledge is she on?

kat
Fledgling

View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: 07-Jul-11, 11:38:08 AM »

Currently she's sitting JUST out of camera range on the part that sticks out to the left of the camera.

Off to fledge watch training in 20 mins! Yay!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: 07-Jul-11, 11:44:05 AM »

Currently she's sitting JUST out of camera range on the part that sticks out to the left of the camera.

Off to fledge watch training in 20 mins! Yay!

Good luck Kat and thank you!

kat
Fledgling

View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: 07-Jul-11, 11:44:10 AM »

Also...she's squawking up a storm today. I'm going to order a peregrine falcon alarm for my car!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: 07-Jul-11, 11:51:51 AM »

Also...she's squawking up a storm today. I'm going to order a peregrine falcon alarm for my car!

Kat, we have a auto shop down the road and plays the peregrine falcon call all day through a speaker system. It's to scare away the pigeons that roost on the roof. I hear it so much that I don't hear it anymore!

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: 07-Jul-11, 12:55:41 PM »

I love that sound wub2 wub2 wub2

Anatole France
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 ... 206   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: