THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 11:50:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sad day in my country, and I believe, in a lot of places  (Read 4218 times)
Mirta
Fledgling

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« on: 04-Oct-09, 10:02:01 AM »

Today the most wonderful singer of Argentina has dead.  Sad
Mercedes Sosa had an amazing voice. She started as a folcklore singer, but then she began to sing different kinds of songs, mostly from latinoamerican authors, and even soft rock themes.
All my country love her. I believe most of the people in the world who love music, know and love her too. She was  a voice of freedom during dark days of violence and dictatorship in my country
You tube is full of her videos, this is only one, perhaps her most loved song: Gracias a la Vida

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d_h5CZPyjQ&feature=related

Mirta
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 04-Oct-09, 11:52:48 AM »

Mercedes Sosa had an amazing voice. She started as a folcklore singer, but then she began to sing different kinds of songs, mostly from latinoamerican authors, and even soft rock themes.
All my country love her. I believe most of the people in the world who love music, know and love her too. She was  a voice of freedom during dark days of violence and dictatorship in my country
You tube is full of her videos, this is only one, perhaps her most loved song: Gracias a la Vida

Mirta

I'm so sorry, Mirta. 
                Kris

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04-Oct-09, 12:54:29 PM »

I am very sorry, Mirta.  Music joins people together and is a comfort.  It is a gift when someone can have this talent.

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04-Oct-09, 01:32:07 PM »

Mirta

Mirta, I'm so sorry, it hurts when someone so talented dies. She had a very nice voice.

valhalla
« Reply #4 on: 04-Oct-09, 05:25:24 PM »

Hugs Mirta - I have actually heard Sosa - she was the voice of freedom.  God Bless, Janet
Wing Goose
Tiercel

Like Count: 37

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04-Oct-09, 09:46:05 PM »

Mirta,
Mercedes Sosa does indeed have a beautiful voice.  I am so sorry for her passing. It is wonderful though that you have a lot of recordings and history of her.  My condolences to you and your country. rose   rose
Lola 

Lola
Patti from Kentucky
Tiercel

Like Count: 58

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 05-Oct-09, 12:02:04 AM »

Mirta

So sorry to hear this; I discovered Mercedes Sosa a few years ago (I can't remember where or how anymore), but I bought one of her CDs.

-Patti
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: