THE FORUM

26-Apr-24, 06:55:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Falcon Watchers' Weekend, 2011  (Read 46510 times)
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 16-May-11, 08:52:06 PM »

I am having serious doubts about hatching.  But I will be there, young birds or not.  The area is lovely and there many things to do, aka Lake Ontario and environs.  Plus the falcons will still be around.  AND the falcon watchers are the best group ever.  We are trying to build something down here, either Jersey City or Water Street.

We're still well within normal incubation time.  By my calculations hard incubation started the same day this year as last year, with hatching on day 35.  Still plenty of time before we start worrying.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 16-May-11, 09:02:02 PM »

I am having serious doubts about hatching.  But I will be there, young birds or not.  The area is lovely and there many things to do, aka Lake Ontario and environs.  Plus the falcons will still be around.  AND the falcon watchers are the best group ever.  We are trying to build something down here, either Jersey City or Water Street.

We're still well within normal incubation time.  By my calculations hard incubation started the same day this year as last year, with hatching on day 35.  Still plenty of time before we start worrying.

Thanks for the info, Ei, and glad to have you back with us-you were missed.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 16-May-11, 09:08:53 PM »

Thanks-still a lot of stuff to do-and I will be gone again this weekend-but good to be back!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 16-May-11, 09:13:22 PM »

Thanks-still a lot of stuff to do-and I will be gone again this weekend-but good to be back!
Good to have you back. In the mean time, be gentle with your self. Healing and good thoughts are with  you.
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 04-Jul-11, 04:50:41 PM »

I've been back & forth & forth & back about whether to come to Rochester July 15-17.  Obviously we won't be having the traditional fledge watch party  crying

I have the time off and the reservations, but my piggy bank took quite a hit this spring traveling twice to Florida. 

Then I thought about one of the few things I regret in my life...I canceled a second trip to Rochester in 2008.  I never imagined how things would change the next year. 

And there's Beauty & Archer to see and Unity to meet.  And I've never made it to Wild Wings.  And friends to see if anyone is in town...that's what it's really all about, after all.

So I'll be arriving late on Thursday, staying at the Hyatt until Sunday.  I'm planning on playing it by ear...hook up with whoever is out watching...road trip to Wild Wings if anyone is interested...a toast to all the beautiful grandeyases this year...there is a lot to celebrate!

Bonnie
Tiercel

Like Count: 45

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 04-Jul-11, 08:09:22 PM »

I'm thinking about a trip up there, too.  But I don't have a current passport and I would like to go on to Toronto.  I also have my own birds to care for here.    ???

“No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wingsâ€
William Blake
huddiecat
Juvie

Like Count: 44

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 05-Jul-11, 02:39:27 PM »

Oh, that's great!!!  I've been thinking that we should have a "no fledge watch" gathering in the little park Saturday late morning or noonish!!  I thought I'd bring some snack or whatever to share, and maybe a falcon will make an appearance!!  Need to talk to MAK about that:-)

So glad you will still make the trip Ei!
Suzanne in Ithaca
huddiecat
Juvie

Like Count: 44

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 05-Jul-11, 05:24:27 PM »

Update on it...lots of fledges to watch in Buffalo so everyone will be there that weekend!!  We hope to make the trip, a little over four hours from here, and see you and everyone else!
Suzanne
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 11-Jul-11, 07:06:12 PM »

wave I have been contacted by Eileen(Dumpsterkitty) via email in regard to her visit to Rochester this coming weekend. She will be here Friday and Saturday. I don't know if anyone else from out of town is coming but she and I will be visiting Wild Wings on Friday(I have previous plans for Saturday). She has room for 1 one more passenger besides me. I know people work but if there is anyone else who can join us please let us know. I will be contacting Dan and Brian to see if they are interested. Also, if any of our local watchers is planning a trip to Buffalo on Saturday I'm sure Ei would like to join them.  foxbinocs

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 11-Jul-11, 07:30:10 PM »

wave I have been contacted by Eileen(Dumpsterkitty) via email in regard to her visit to Rochester this coming weekend. She will be here Friday and Saturday. I don't know if anyone else from out of town is coming but she and I will be visiting Wild Wings on Friday(I have previous plans for Saturday). She has room for 1 one more passenger besides me. I know people work but if there is anyone else who can join us please let us know. I will be contacting Dan and Brian to see if they are interested. Also, if any of our local watchers is planning a trip to Buffalo on Saturday I'm sure Ei would like to join them.  foxbinocs

Thanks MAK!  wave I was going to post a note when I got home, but you beat me to it!

I actually have room for 2 more aside from MAK for Wild Wings (that'll teach me to write when I've got something else on my mind).

And Saturday...I'm ready to just go with the flow!

Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 11-Jul-11, 08:44:37 PM »

Ei,

I think I have to be at work in Buffalo on Friday... but maybe I can work from home.  What time is the trip planned for Wild Wings?

Saturday is the Airshow in Rochester, and I don't know what's goin on for a get together, but I'm flexible.  I'd be glad to have you acompany me to Buffalo for a watch, if you want to go.

Hey, do you have your enhanced license or a passport?  Do you want to go see Harlie and RM&T in person?  I know it's a lot of on the road for you, but if you want, here's an opportunity to see them in person. 

At your service...
Joyce
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 11-Jul-11, 08:54:58 PM »

No set time for Wild Wings yet-still just plotting.  A Buffalo watch sounds like fun!  But no border crossings for me this trip Sad ...saving up to renew the passport &/or get an enhanced DL when I renew in November.  I WILL get to see the Toronto crew next year!

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 11-Jul-11, 10:00:05 PM »

I have two birthdays on Saturday afternoon and three on Sunday (not sure what time) but can probably do a meet up!  Wild Wings might be a possibility but I can drive myself!

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 11-Jul-11, 11:19:51 PM »

Due to work & previous plans, I won't be able to join in on the fun on Friday.  Hopefully Saturday.  Let me know what's being planned.

Glad you're able to still make it to Rochester Ei!   happy

Carol P.

Peregrines know no borders.....
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 11-Jul-11, 11:37:13 PM »

MAK and Ei - for some strange reason, I am off this Friday, and I would LOVE to meet you at Wild Wings.  I have never been there  -  even though I don't think I live all that far away!  I think I've met some of the birds at some school exhibitions, but after seeing  some of MAK's pictures, I'm would love to visit
Tell me time, and where you are meeting, and I can meet you there. 
I am working Saturday, but like you, Ei, I want an enhanced license or to renew my passport for next year to see Quest and maybe Harlie will be in town somewhere!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: