THE FORUM

26-Apr-24, 11:51:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Falcon Watchers' Weekend, 2011  (Read 46512 times)
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 15-Jul-11, 08:28:40 PM »

A great time was had by Ei, Mak,Susan, Carrie, Shaky,Margaret, Joyce,Dave,Jenne and me at Wild Wings. Terry gave us a Tour and then she took us to School. It's a room for kids and others to have a close up look at these most wonderful Birds. I won the ID10T award for not putting my Memory Card back in my Camera after I put Hummingbird shots in the Computer...DUH!!!! We enjoyed bonding with Falcon Friends again this year.

ginha
P.S. Hey Donna.....we all gave Barf kisses from you  scared blue hysterical

So glad that you all had a great time at WW!  A great place to visit-lots of fun!  Did any Chickadees show up for food? Sorry we couldn't make it this year with so much going on here with our home renovations. Hopefully next year!

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 15-Jul-11, 09:51:08 PM »

I am planning on driving to Buffalo/Niagara Falls on Saturday to take Ei to see the falcons in the area. We'll make the rounds to as many sites as we can. The juvies are spreading out and not easy to spot them near their nesting areas.  Hopefully we'll get to see some play, talon tagging or at least a food exchange with the Central Terminal juvies.

Everyone knows I am not a morning person...but I plan to be up early to head to Buffalo. Place your bets ladies and gentlemen, I want to be on the road by 8:00am. If anyone would like to join us, please let me know. There's room for two more.

Someone mentioned getting together for dinner Saturday evening. If plans are being formulated, I'll flex with getting back to Rochester to meet-up.

We were hoping to get more Rochester Falcon Watchers to go to Buffalo tomorrow, but only Dana and I were able to.  and you know us, we ARE the early birds!  We plan on leaving at 6 am, grabbing an Egg McMuffin and a cup of coffee ane be on our way.  Hope some of you will be able to join us (Ei, Joyce, Dana and I). 

I'll have my walkie talkies with me.

Carol P.

Peregrines know no borders.....
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 15-Jul-11, 10:48:33 PM »

I would love to join the four of you on your journeys, but I cannot due to work.  I did enjoy meeting Ei for the first time in person today, as well as ginha and dave and Susan.   It's nice to be able to put a name and face together.   And, ginha, I win  the IDIOT award -- as I got lost and a 13 mile trip became a 23+ mile trip. 
To be able to see not only Ei, and MAk, and  and Carrie and Shaky and Joyce and Jeanne again, but to sit in and  see all those raptors at Wild Wings -- WOW!l.   I hope that all of you who took pictures will post, as I did not take pictures, and there were some great shots taken. 
Nice to see all of you  today. I enjoyed my day with you and the raptors at WW and Terry did a magnificant job.   You can tell she loves her job and her birds.
I hope that you have a great trip to Buffalo and Ei enjoys her time here.   
Vandrefalk
Eyas

Like Count: 18

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 16-Jul-11, 05:34:14 PM »

Been out of town and didn't realize there would be a watchers weekend (even without babies).  Been awhile since we've been able to get up there (especially now that we live in SC!), but thinking of you all and hoping you are having a fabulous time together!!!  Lots of good memories of previous weekends!
Vandrefalk/Karen R
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 17-Jul-11, 11:38:46 AM »

It was nice to have someone to watch with in the early morning again. Dan took this season off with no babies to watch. I think it worked out fine for Ei to come for watchers weekend anyway. Yesterday she saw some great stuff in Buffalo and though they weren't around a whole lot for her she did see Beauty and Archer. And Unity as well. Have a safe trip my falcon watching friend and we'll see ya next time you roll into town!  wave
 foxbinocs

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 17-Jul-11, 06:29:46 PM »

Hi gang!  I'm home in one piece...a bit longer than usual due to some nig-nogs on the road doing 50 in formation and a few errands on the way home...

Neither cat seems particularly ticked at me, so that's excellent news!

What a great weekend!  A gazillion pictures which will have to wait for my arms to stop vibrating  Wink Saw babies, even if they weren't "ours", just flying for the joy of flying-my favorite part!  And, of course, the real reason, to spend time with friends!  flowers

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 17-Jul-11, 06:58:40 PM »

You had a great falcon weekend Ei!! So glad! Welcome back.  wave

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 17-Jul-11, 07:23:05 PM »

Glad you're home safely and that you had a good time while here.  Sorry about not getting a chance to see you but hopefully next year!  Can't wait to see your pics!

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 17-Jul-11, 07:30:37 PM »

Hi gang!  I'm home in one piece...a bit longer than usual due to some nig-nogs on the road doing 50 in formation and a few errands on the way home...

What a great weekend!  A gazillion pictures which will have to wait for my arms to stop vibrating  Wink Saw babies, even if they weren't "ours", just flying for the joy of flying-my favorite part!  And, of course, the real reason, to spend time with friends!  flowers

So glad you made it home safely Ei!  It was wonderful seeing you again.  It was great fun.   clap

Carol P.
« Last Edit: 17-Jul-11, 09:16:41 PM by Carol P. » Logged

Peregrines know no borders.....
ginha
Fledgling

Like Count: 58

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 17-Jul-11, 07:32:05 PM »

Hi gang!  I'm home in one piece...a bit longer than usual due to some nig-nogs on the road doing 50 in formation and a few errands on the way home...

What a great weekend!  A gazillion pictures which will have to wait for my arms to stop vibrating  Wink Saw babies, even if they weren't "ours", just flying for the joy of flying-my favorite part!  And, of course, the real reason, to spend time with friends!  flowers

Sorry I didn't get to see you this A.M. Got too humid for me. Looking forward to next time.
Take care Friend, ginha
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 17-Jul-11, 08:13:10 PM »

I'm happy you arrived home safely!  Grin

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 17-Jul-11, 10:10:45 PM »

silly
It was nice to have someone to watch with in the early morning again. Dan took this season off with no babies to watch. I think it worked out fine for Ei to come for watchers weekend anyway. Yesterday she saw some great stuff in Buffalo and though they weren't around a whole lot for her she did see Beauty and Archer. And Unity as well. Have a safe trip my falcon watching friend and we'll see ya next time you roll into town!  wave
 foxbinocs

Nice to meet you, Ei. At least I  now know to whom I am speaking when I post here  wave
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 19-Jul-11, 06:47:28 AM »

OK...so I return to work to both all my work that didn't get done Thurs & Fri as well as the work of someone who's on vacation this week...might as well set up a cot here...

Only one picture is ready to share so far...

...a hug from Barf!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 19-Jul-11, 07:02:45 AM »

OK...so I return to work to both all my work that didn't get done Thurs & Fri as well as the work of someone who's on vacation this week...might as well set up a cot here...

Only one picture is ready to share so far...

...a hug from Barf!

Oh and isn't he stunning!! Why is it that I fell in  heart with a Turkey Vulture!!!! I did. Thanks Ei, what a great pic.  Enjoy your

Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 19-Jul-11, 07:06:56 AM »

Big bold Barf!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: