THE FORUM

21-Sep-24, 01:13:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eggs or No Eggs at KP! That is the Question!  (Read 31220 times)
chlosmom
Juvie

Like Count: 12

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 10-Jul-11, 05:00:48 PM »

think archer stayed into Oct last year
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 10-Jul-11, 05:35:20 PM »

I wonder if the 2 eggs MAK posted in her June 17th FalconWatch report are the one's she is sitting on now?
photo/MAK

After MAK alerted us of eggs at the scrape, I checked my pics and found 2 eggs in a photo on Sunday June 12th, 5 days before.  Old or new eggs?

Here are some pics of today's watch at 3:16 pm:

On my way home I check to see if Beauty is on Xerox.  Sometimes it is so dark, that I have to use my camera to tell.  This was taken at 9:27pm:

Well, we all saw the two eggs sitting up front back in June, but they either were disposed of or pushed back further where they are now being incubated.  These two eggs were not cracked, so they were at least a 2nd clutch.  Now the question is, are they the eggs being incubated?  Or is there a 3rd clutch of eggs?

Guess we'll never know and all we can do is wait and see.

All the Rochester Watchers are keeping an eye on them and will let you know if anything changes.

Carol P.

Peregrines know no borders.....
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 10-Jul-11, 10:30:17 PM »

think archer stayed into Oct last year

Yes, Archer did stay until sometime in October last year.   
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 10-Jul-11, 10:37:37 PM »

I wonder if the 2 eggs MAK posted in her June 17th FalconWatch report are the one's she is sitting on now?
photo/MAK

After MAK alerted us of eggs at the scrape, I checked my pics and found 2 eggs in a photo on Sunday June 12th, 5 days before.  Old or new eggs?

On my way home I check to see if Beauty is on Xerox.  Sometimes it is so dark, that I have to use my camera to tell.  This was taken at 9:27pm:

Well, we all saw the two eggs sitting up front back in June, but they either were disposed of or pushed back further where they are now being incubated.  These two eggs were not cracked, so they were at least a 2nd clutch.  Now the question is, are they the eggs being incubated?  Or is there a 3rd clutch of eggs?

All the Rochester Watchers are keeping an eye on them and will let you know if anything changes.

Carol P.

Personally, I  think all of you ROC Watchers know more than you let  on to us "couch perchers".  Cheesy  ( I say that with reverence!)
You are all so knowledgeable about our falcons, so I think this clutch is going to hatch, and that the Falcon Flakes will revel in the new birth in the snow!    happy
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 10-Jul-11, 11:31:42 PM »

photo/MAK

Carol P.

Personally, I  think all of you ROC Watchers know more than you let  on to us "couch perchers".  Cheesy  ( I say that with reverence!)
You are all so knowledgeable about our falcons, so I think this clutch is going to hatch, and that the Falcon Flakes will revel in the new birth in the snow!    happy

lol Margaret!  lol  We (the Rochester Falcon Watchers) have absolutely no idea what's going on at KP.  It's all new to us and we're as baffled as everyone else.  Wish we were able to give some answers, but we truly don't have any.

All we can do is report what we see.   falcon

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 11-Jul-11, 12:01:51 AM »

photo/MAK

Carol P.

lol Margaret!  lol  We (the Rochester Falcon Watchers) have absolutely no idea what's going on at KP.  It's all new to us and we're as baffled as everyone else.  Wish we were able to give some answers, but we truly don't have any.

All we can do is report what we see.   falcon

I think the rochester falcons are so used to seeing the watchers in all kinds of weather and through all 4 seasons that they have conspired to give the watchers something exciting to see -- in addition to the snow flakes.  Falcon flakes (watchers) vs. snow flakes!

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 11-Jul-11, 04:27:46 PM »

I received an email on the 9th (of July) at my work address from one of the workers at the power plant at KP where the scrape is located.  He said that they are very certain that there are two eggs and that both Unity and Archer are trading off incubating.  It looks like they (the falcons) have dug even deeper into the scrape and that's probably why we can not longer see the eggs from below.  They (the falcons) were seen turning the eggs.

Sooooooooo, the question is, are these the old eggs that are probably not viable?  Or are they a new clutch?   confused

We'll keep watching and reporting what we see.  and I'll share what I hear from the folks that work there.

Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 11-Jul-11, 07:52:05 PM »

We've spend so much time trying to get pics and see into the nest, but we are only at KP for limited watches.  So, on Saturday I called my falcon fan contact inside the plant. He wasn't available, but I ended up talking to one of the supervisors.  He said they were up on the walkway and were pretty sure that the two eggs were new ones.  I tweeted it out, but it probably got lost in all the Buffalo tweets.

Later I got a return call from my contact and we talked about the location being moved.  I asked if anyone could keep us up to date on what they observe.  I mentioned we have only seen Unity in the scrape and that she looks like she is incubating eggs.  I told him we are interested in any activity with the male.  I also said the eggs may not hatch being so late in the year, but please keep in touch.

I'm glad they followed up with you by email Carol, as I didn't get a chance to post this before I was off to Buffalo the next day.  The workers also offered to take pictures for us if they can borrow a camera.

« Last Edit: 11-Jul-11, 07:57:11 PM by Joyce » Logged
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 11-Jul-11, 08:16:22 PM »

I'm glad they followed up with you by email Carol, as I didn't get a chance to post this before I was off to Buffalo the next day.  The workers also offered to take pictures for us if they can borrow a camera.

[/quote]

Borrow a camera?????

Anatole France
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 11-Jul-11, 08:26:18 PM »

Borrow a camera?????

One time they borrowed one of our camera's to confirm eggs in the nest, but it was the same week some of the watchers were granted a visit to KP anyway...and Lou posted the album for that.

Now we can see a falcon sitting in the scrape, and before we couldn't see one when it was farther back.

Carol mentioned a 3rd clutch?  I never thought of that. Boy this is all new to me.  If there is a hatch, these babies will be picking off colored leaves from the trees.
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 11-Jul-11, 08:34:39 PM »

Borrow a camera?????

One time they borrowed one of our camera's to confirm eggs in the nest, but it was the same week some of the watchers were granted a visit to KP anyway...and Lou posted the album for that.

Now we can see a falcon sitting in the scrape, and before we couldn't see one when it was farther back.

Carol mentioned a 3rd clutch?  I never thought of that. Boy this is all new to me.  If there is a hatch, these babies will be picking off colored leaves from the trees.

I thought it was funny that folks from Kodak wouldn't have a camera.  These falcons are just amazing this year!

Anatole France
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 12-Jul-11, 06:00:56 PM »

I thought it was funny that folks from Kodak wouldn't have a camera.  These falcons are just amazing this year!

I didn't think of it that way I see your point  2funny
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 25-Jul-11, 06:03:13 PM »

Sorry to say that it looks like incubation of any eggs in the scrape at Kodak Park has ended.  It's been a few days since any Watchers have seen any incubation taking place.

From where we are allowed to watch, it's impossible to tell if there are any eggs left in the scrape.  We'll keep watching and reporting what we see at both KP & Times Square.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 25-Jul-11, 06:37:07 PM »

Sorry to say that it looks like incubation of any eggs in the scrape at Kodak Park has ended.  It's been a few days since any Watchers have seen any incubation taking place.

From where we are allowed to watch, it's impossible to tell if there are any eggs left in the scrape.  We'll keep watching and reporting what we see at both KP & Times Square.

Why don't you give your contact at the plant a call and have him check it out for us!  wave

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 25-Jul-11, 09:11:56 PM »

Why don't you give your contact at the plant a call and have him check it out for us!  wave

I have emailed them.  Waiting for an answer.   Wink

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: