THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 03:37:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unity's Nest at Kodak Park  (Read 7276 times)
Yarak
Forum Bot
Bot
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 95

Keeping falcon fans connected

View Profile
« on: 20-May-11, 10:40:24 PM »

Even before we knew Unity's identity, Rochester Falconcam team member Carol Phillips was busy working with our good friends at Kodak to get access to the site for our crack team of watchers.  Recently her persistence paid big dividends as Kodak invited a few observers to take a closer look.  Falconcam team members...

Link:
http://rfalconcam.com/imprinting/?p=1516

This is an automated post.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 20-May-11, 11:03:53 PM »

Even before we knew Unity's identity, Rochester Falconcam team member Carol Phillips was busy working with our good friends at Kodak to get access to the site for our crack team of watchers.  Recently her persistence paid big dividends as Kodak invited a few observers to take a closer look.  Falconcam team members...

Link:
http://rfalconcam.com/imprinting/?p=1516

Those pics are amazing!! The view to Kodak and DT is scary, no wonder they know about each other. Great job you all and a lot of questions answered. To bad for Unity, I really feel bad for her. I never saw so much pooh in my life.

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20-May-11, 11:08:18 PM »

Great job!!!

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20-May-11, 11:14:26 PM »

What everyone else said!  You all did an amazing job following up on the KP and Unity mystery. I agree, that the picture from KP to down town is scary.   There is no way that those falcons  are not aware of one another!   I just hope that we have a hatch somewhere this year.  I don't see it happening at KP. 
I only hope that Beauty and Archer can successfully hatch their brood at TS.   
Thank you, team, for some answers.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20-May-11, 11:16:11 PM »

If stress could be the reason Unity isn't brooding her eggs, maybe that's why Beauty isn't spending too much time in the nest box with her eggs.  Archer appears to be the primary brooder the past few days and when Beauty is on the eggs, she seems very unsettled.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20-May-11, 11:19:02 PM »

If stress could be the reason Unity isn't brooding her eggs, maybe that's why Beauty isn't spending too much time in the nest box with her eggs.  Archer appears to be the primary brooder the past few days and when Beauty is on the eggs, she seems very unsettled.

Can't blame her or Unity!  Sad

margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20-May-11, 11:22:45 PM »

I agree on both counts.  I think stress and perhaps her youth is part of Unity's problem, and poor Beauty, she has seeed so distressed since Archer's return.  Watching her with Mr. T this winter was  watching a much happier Beauty.    Perhaps that is the reason for the 8 day delay between first and second egg. I never doubt the intelligence of birds, and Beauty knew right from the get go what was going on.  
  Watch Beauty, she seems agitated and in distress, and I don't think I am anthromoporphizing.  She is quite restive, more than resting.
Let us keep her fingers crossed for a hatching.  
valhalla
« Reply #7 on: 21-May-11, 08:01:57 AM »

First, a HUGE THANK YOU and Shout out to Kodak and Duke Energy!  thanx

Second, I find this behavior fascinating, although we might not get the rusults that we want.  As for placing blame, Archer is simply doing his best to spread his genetic material around. 
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21-May-11, 11:47:23 AM »

First, a HUGE THANK YOU and Shout out to Kodak and Duke Energy!  thanx

Second, I find this behavior fascinating, although we might not get the rusults that we want.  As for placing blame, Archer is simply doing his best to spread his genetic material around. 

Ditto on the thank you and I agree but it will be very disappointing if there is no hatch for them. heart

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Braveheart2665
Juvie

Like Count: 18

Freyja Always in my Heart

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21-May-11, 08:52:06 PM »

I agree that Beauty seems very restless & always on alert - she can't seem to settle for long- - I notice this especially since the fight the other day. I feel so bad for her she is trying so hard but no hatch. I will be very  Sad & disappointed if there are no Eyas to watch but sometimes these thing happen. I love her & Archer also even though it seems he was behaving badly I know it's just his instincts.

Follow me at Thebraveheartfiles.blogspot.com
peach
Egg

Like Count: 3

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 28-May-11, 12:50:20 AM »

It's taken me forever to figure out how to post on this forum. But I just read a status report from '97 Alberta Canada that occasionally a 2nd clutch will be laid in late May or early June if first clutch is unsuccessful. I'm hoping for this pray
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 28-May-11, 07:24:03 AM »

It could happen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: