THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 03:34:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: **Happy Labor Day*  (Read 6440 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« on: 05-Sep-11, 07:01:50 AM »

Labor Day is a United States federal holiday observed on the first Monday in September (September 5 in 2011) that celebrates the economic and social contributions of workers.

Traditionally, Labor Day is celebrated by most Americans as the symbolic end of the summer. In high society, Labor Day is (or was) considered the last day of the year when it is fashionable for women to wear white. Put your whites away ladies!

In U.S. sports, Labor Day marks the beginning of the NFL and college football seasons. NCAA teams usually play their first games the week before Labor Day, with the NFL traditionally playing their first game the Thursday following Labor Day. The Southern 500 NASCAR auto race was held that day from 1950 to 1983 in Darlington, South Carolina. At Indianapolis, the National Hot Rod Association hold their finals to the U.S. Nationals drag race.

In the U.S. most school districts that started summer vacation in early to mid-June will resume school near this day (while schools that had summer begin near Memorial Day will have already been in session for about 3 weeks)

Happy Labor Day all! Fall will be here soon,  the birds will be ready for Migration, time to cover the pools, there will be more traffic on the roads and it's one step closer to my favorite Holiday...

It also means while Archer's gone, Beauty must do all the repairs at the nest....(or Shaky)!

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 05-Sep-11, 08:26:58 AM »

It also means while Archer's gone, Beauty must do all the repairs at the nest....(or Shaky)!

It's Carol P's turn to do the repairs this year.
valhalla
« Reply #2 on: 05-Sep-11, 08:28:50 AM »

**  nascar Note:  The Southern 500 is still run at Darlington, SC, but in the springtime.  The Labor Day race had been run at California Speedway for a number of years (all part of the closure of "the Rock" - Rockingham, NC), but poor attendance and HEAT brought it back to it's southern roots - now at Atlanta Motor Speedway.  Rain prevented the race from running last night - NASCAR will try again on TUESDAY at 10 AM - Smoke finishes well at "Hot'lanta).

indy car  Danica Patrick finished 6th in the Baltimore Grand Prix - she is giving up Open Wheel for a full-time ride with JR Motorsports in the Nationwide Series and 10 Cup races with Stewart-Haas Racing.

We were in the pool yesterday!
valhalla
« Reply #3 on: 05-Sep-11, 08:31:05 AM »

Must be early - you want blonde to do tech work? 
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 05-Sep-11, 08:35:43 AM »

Hey, if Beauty can do it...
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05-Sep-11, 12:11:23 PM »

**  nascar Note:  The Southern 500 is still run at Darlington, SC, but in the springtime.  The Labor Day race had been run at California Speedway for a number of years (all part of the closure of "the Rock" - Rockingham, NC), but poor attendance and HEAT brought it back to it's southern roots - now at Atlanta Motor Speedway.  Rain prevented the race from running last night - NASCAR will try again on TUESDAY at 10 AM - Smoke finishes well at "Hot'lanta).

indy car  Danica Patrick finished 6th in the Baltimore Grand Prix - she is giving up Open Wheel for a full-time ride with JR Motorsports in the Nationwide Series and 10 Cup races with Stewart-Haas Racing.

We were in the pool yesterday!

clap Nice job Donna! and Janet thumbsup  Vroom! Vroom! Vroom!  wave

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Aafke
Falcon

Like Count: 715

Kingfisher

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05-Sep-11, 04:34:15 PM »

Labor Day is a United States federal holiday observed on the first Monday in September (September 5 in 2011) that celebrates the economic and social contributions of workers.

Traditionally, Labor Day is celebrated by most Americans as the symbolic end of the summer. In high society, Labor Day is (or was) considered the last day of the year when it is fashionable for women to wear white. Put your whites away ladies!

In U.S. sports, Labor Day marks the beginning of the NFL and college football seasons. NCAA teams usually play their first games the week before Labor Day, with the NFL traditionally playing their first game the Thursday following Labor Day. The Southern 500 NASCAR auto race was held that day from 1950 to 1983 in Darlington, South Carolina. At Indianapolis, the National Hot Rod Association hold their finals to the U.S. Nationals drag race.

In the U.S. most school districts that started summer vacation in early to mid-June will resume school near this day (while schools that had summer begin near Memorial Day will have already been in session for about 3 weeks)

Happy Labor Day all! Fall will be here soon,  the birds will be ready for Migration, time to cover the pools, there will be more traffic on the roads and it's one step closer to my favorite Holiday...

I noticed that it was Labor Day, but not sure what it was. Thanks Donna for explaining.
And about Fall will be here soon, I'm still waiting for the Summer.
greetings Aafke

Feed the birds!!!!
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05-Sep-11, 04:53:01 PM »

I noticed that it was Labor Day, but not sure what it was. Thanks Donna for explaining.
And about Fall will be here soon, I'm still waiting for the Summer.
greetings Aafke

I'm still waiting for summer too!   LOL.    Labor Day is the official "end of summer"   and "back to School"  weekend. (I still refer to Sch... as the "S" word, and Fall as the "F" word...not uttered before at least September 5th :-)).    That's why I like MAK's sunrise pictures so much...as pretty soon we are in the depths of the dark;  or driving into it at 6 am in the morning!   So Aafke, keep the flowers growing as long as you  can, and keep waiting for summer!
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05-Sep-11, 05:00:01 PM »

Hey!  I don't see Beauty pulling 20 wires through a hole big enough for maybe 10.   silly

Peregrines know no borders.....
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 05-Sep-11, 06:11:40 PM »

Hey!  I don't see Beauty pulling 20 wires through a hole big enough for maybe 10.   silly

She's too busy diving off the building at 200 mph. I assume you'd prefer not to trade places with her.
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05-Sep-11, 06:14:45 PM »

She's too busy diving off the building at 200 mph. I assume you'd prefer not to trade places with her.

Well, that goes without saying.   scared blue

Peregrines know no borders.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: