THE FORUM

27-Apr-24, 09:25:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 ... 46   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Peregrine cam in Australia  (Read 294016 times)
AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: 16-Nov-15, 03:29:18 PM »

I believe that one of the two girls has fledged. There were two in the nest until a little while ago, and now I can only see one.

I hope she and Tardy are both safe out there.

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: 16-Nov-15, 03:54:02 PM »

I believe that one of the two girls has fledged. There were two in the nest until a little while ago, and now I can only see one.

I hope she and Tardy are both safe out there.

Yes, one of the commenters said she thought it was Tumbler who fledged second.  That would leave Walga on her own in the Concrete Hilton.  Another good, strong fledge!

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
AlisonL
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: 16-Nov-15, 04:10:11 PM »

Early in the morning; the two girls in the nest.

AlisonL
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: 16-Nov-15, 04:12:20 PM »

The last girl in the nest:

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: 17-Nov-15, 12:23:08 AM »

Apparently the second to fledge was Walga, and Tumbler remains by herself.  Walga was found on the ground by a maintenance worker, apparently uninjured, and was placed in a tree.  Tardy has not yet been spotted. 

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: 17-Nov-15, 07:32:43 AM »

Apparently the second to fledge was Walga, and Tumbler remains by herself.  Walga was found on the ground by a maintenance worker, apparently uninjured, and was placed in a tree.  Tardy has not yet been spotted. 

UGH, where is that boy!!  Sad

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: 17-Nov-15, 08:06:15 AM »

I'm not too concerned.  He's around somewhere. I don't think they have a lot of watchers there. 

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: 17-Nov-15, 08:22:23 AM »

I'm not too concerned.  He's around somewhere. I don't think they have a lot of watchers there. 

I believe they said the same about Aspro last year and he was never seen again! I worry!!

AlisonL
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: 18-Nov-15, 09:54:51 AM »

I believe they said the same about Aspro last year and he was never seen again! I worry!!

I agree with you, Donna. I'm worried about Tardy too. Still no update on him, and it's been a while now . . .
AlisonL
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: 18-Nov-15, 10:54:23 AM »

Tumbler is spending another night in the nest:

Cilla "conscious of the ever-present threat of cats and foxes", moved Walga to a larger tree. Walga then flew to a woodpile, and Cilla moved her to yet another tree. I hope she is okay.
Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: 18-Nov-15, 02:38:00 PM »

The second female fledged.
« Last Edit: 18-Nov-15, 02:44:41 PM by Annette » Logged

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: 18-Nov-15, 02:47:05 PM »

What a great photo!  Thanks, Annette.   clap clap clap

I will miss them all.  I hope they are all located and that they all stay safe.

AlisonL
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: 18-Nov-15, 02:59:00 PM »

Love the photo, Annette! Thank you!

I am going to miss them too. I hope they all fly safely, and that they will come back to the nest to visit as the chicks used to do in past years.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: 18-Nov-15, 04:57:26 PM »

Great capture, Annette!  Fly high, be safe, babies!

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: 19-Nov-15, 08:10:42 AM »

The Third and Final Time

By Scott Banks
With Tumbler’s successful fledging this morning the “empty nest syndrome” begins; very sad to see a quiet eyrie for the first time in weeks… well, that is, all except for the city of flies that the remaining carnage up there has attracted (special high-altitude flies, 50m above the ground!). With some luck I spotted Tumbler up in the trees this afternoon, quietly taking in the world, the breeze in the trees and the ever-circling, and agitated, Diamond who was keeping an eye on her progeny from above and from the nearby tower.

Click here for video of Tumbler's fledge:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFg2YDPJAds&feature=youtu.be

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 ... 46   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: