THE FORUM

23-Oct-24, 06:39:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No more Skye's Building  (Read 9680 times)
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« on: 19-Nov-11, 09:56:22 AM »

Genesee Brewery will be demolishing Skye's building to build a new brew house/visitor center.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20111119/NEWS01/111190333/Genesee-Beer-Genesee-Brewing-beer-High-Falls-Yuengling?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CNews

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 19-Nov-11, 10:12:51 AM »

I've been reading about the plan to demolish the building and the controversy about the decision but didn't realize it was Skye's building.  Sad

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19-Nov-11, 05:28:25 PM »

I've been reading about the plan to demolish the building and the controversy about the decision but didn't realize it was Skye's building.  Sad

I heard about this.  It makes me very sad.  I truly wish that they could save this building.  It really is beautiful.  Not only because so many of our Peregrines landed there.  It's the last place I saw Mariah before she moved out of the downtown to Irondequoit.  She had caught a pigeon on top of that building and was enjoying dinner.  So many memories.   Sad

Peregrines know no borders.....
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19-Nov-11, 06:29:22 PM »

I heard about this.  It makes me very sad.  I truly wish that they could save this building.  It really is beautiful.  Not only because so many of our Peregrines landed there.  It's the last place I saw Mariah before she moved out of the downtown to Irondequoit.  She had caught a pigeon on top of that building and was enjoying dinner.  So many memories.   Sad

I didn't realize it was Skye's building:(  Wish they wouldn't do it and would restore it instead.  It is a beautiful building.  And so many of our falcons loved perching on it Sad

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20-Nov-11, 08:01:50 PM »

Some folks are hoping the city does not grant permission to take down Skye's building.  Here is the story-- there is a link to the petition:

http://www.13wham.com/news/local/story/Effort-to-Save-Former-Brewery-Building/vZ_Bf7tLZEqPSVBxEwR_RQ.cspx

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 21-Nov-11, 06:46:16 AM »

Please note that Skye's building is not the historic 13 Cataract building. It's a junky metal structure that was added onto the back of 13 Cataract much later. Even if the historic building is saved, they will surely tear down the metal addition.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21-Nov-11, 08:17:00 AM »

Please note that Skye's building is not the historic 13 Cataract building. It's a junky metal structure that was added onto the back of 13 Cataract much later. Even if the historic building is saved, they will surely tear down the metal addition.

Well I only called it Skyes' building cuz that's what I was told. I wasn't a watcher back then so I couldn't speak from experience. Sorry!

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 21-Nov-11, 08:38:24 AM »

No need to apologize. The structure in the foreground of your FalconWatch picture is Skye's building.

The painted brick building behind it is 13 Cataract. If the petition mentioned in the WHAM13 story is successful, only 13 Cataract will be saved. Skye's building, which most people will agree is a junky metal eyesore, would be torn down. It's about as historic as a backyard tool shed.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21-Nov-11, 09:07:24 AM »

No need to apologize. The structure in the foreground of your FalconWatch picture is Skye's building.

The painted brick building behind it is 13 Cataract. If the petition mentioned in the WHAM13 story is successful, only 13 Cataract will be saved. Skye's building, which most people will agree is a junky metal eyesore, would be torn down. It's about as historic as a backyard tool shed.

Thanks for the clarification Shaky!  notworthy

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10-Sep-12, 11:59:12 AM »

Great opening day, yesterday! Probably no better view to have a beer in all of Rochester.

Genesee Brewery. That is a nice view. From FB  Should go up there to falcon watch and have a  beer

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 10-Sep-12, 12:10:29 PM »

Great spot for a webcam.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10-Sep-12, 12:29:04 PM »

Great spot for a webcam.

2thumbsup

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10-Sep-12, 12:42:25 PM »

valhalla
« Reply #13 on: 11-Sep-12, 06:03:43 AM »

Great opening day, yesterday! Probably no better view to have a beer in all of Rochester.

Genesee Brewery. That is a nice view. From FB  Should go up there to falcon watch and have a  beer

beer  Yum!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 22-Oct-12, 10:30:11 AM »

http://youtu.be/Ga4y9i21igM Commercial from the 70's

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: