THE FORUM

01-May-24, 04:16:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harrison Bay Eagle Cam; Tennessee  (Read 4632 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« on: 06-Jan-12, 06:29:05 PM »

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/harrison-bay-eagle-cam#id10104323  Located on a Golf Course. One eagle just flew in as I was watching! Oh, #2 just flew in as I was posting!

A pair of bald eagles built a nest and raised a family last winter on the Bear Trace Golf Course along the shores of Chickamauga Lake at Harrison Bay State Park. The nest is 75 feet high, and 6 feet tall or 8 feet across according to the blog.

Lizz
Eyas

Like Count: 7

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 06-Jan-12, 07:36:26 PM »

This nest is about 15 minutes from our new home, just outside of Chattanooga, TN.  We moved here from Livingston Co. about 3+ years ago and enjoy keeping up with the Rochester falcons each day.  Now you can watch our eagles, too!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06-Jan-12, 08:02:20 PM »

This nest is about 15 minutes from our new home, just outside of Chattanooga, TN.  We moved here from Livingston Co. about 3+ years ago and enjoy keeping up with the Rochester falcons each day.  Now you can watch our eagles, too!

Wow nice Lizz!!   thumbsup

Patti from Kentucky
Tiercel

Like Count: 58

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 06-Jan-12, 10:26:04 PM »

This nest is about 15 minutes from our new home, just outside of Chattanooga, TN.

Lizz, you're fairly close (at least relative to me) to the wildlife refuge where the Sandhills and the special Asian crane have been hanging out!  I can't quite bring myself to do a 5+ hour drive from Louisville, but I'm mighty tempted.

Dale posted this earlier: http://rfalconcam.com/forum/index.php?topic=6881.0
Lizz
Eyas

Like Count: 7

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08-Jan-12, 06:52:25 PM »

/quote]

Lizz, you're fairly close (at least relative to me) to the wildlife refuge where the Sandhills and the special Asian crane have been hanging out!  I can't quite bring myself to do a 5+ hour drive from Louisville, but I'm mighty tempted.
/quote]

Yes, this is about 30 minutes north of here.  I am caring for an ailing husband (broken foot) right now so haven't had a chance to get up there.  A friend who took a drive to Hiawassee said it was easy to view the birds and quite a treat to see the cranes, both sandhill and Asian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: