THE FORUM

17-Apr-24, 10:02:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pride Campaige for red knots in San Antonio Oeste  (Read 3792 times)
Mirta
Fledgling

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« on: 05-Nov-09, 12:31:26 PM »

Perhaps some of you remember that we have started last year a Pride Campaign with Rare Conservation in behalf of red knots with the aim to prevent the disturbs that ATV made on beaches. Well, last week we had the first public activity, an ECOART day on Mar Grande beach, one of the key places to red knots during their migration.
With the help of an art teacher, students in the last year of highschool on one of our colleges, create huge art messages: an oystercatcher nest destroyed by an ATV, a red knot made with garbage they found on the beach, America made of seaweeds sorrounded by caring youngs, and more...
If you want to see more pictures and have a Facebook account, visit "Playero Rojizo" site, or visit my facebook page (look for "Mirta Carbajal").
We are very proud of those youngs and their work!  star   2thumbsup
Mirta
valhalla
« Reply #1 on: 05-Nov-09, 12:48:47 PM »

Thanks for the update and the pictures Mirta.  I am assuming (please correct me if I'm wrong) that the ocean is the Atlantic?
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05-Nov-09, 03:33:17 PM »

Perhaps some of you remember that we have started last year a Pride Campaign with Rare Conservation in behalf of red knots with the aim to prevent the disturbs that ATV made on beaches. Well, last week we had the first public activity, an ECOART day on Mar Grande beach, one of the key places to red knots during their migration.
With the help of an art teacher, students in the last year of highschool on one of our colleges, create huge art messages: an oystercatcher nest destroyed by an ATV, a red knot made with garbage they found on the beach, America made of seaweeds sorrounded by caring youngs, and more...
If you want to see more pictures and have a Facebook account, visit "Playero Rojizo" site, or visit my facebook page (look for "Mirta Carbajal").
We are very proud of those youngs and their work!  star   2thumbsup
Mirta

Bravo for them Mirta....excellent job and what a way to get the point across.. clap bow notworthy

Mirta
Fledgling

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05-Nov-09, 08:47:46 PM »

Thanks for the update and the pictures Mirta.  I am assuming (please correct me if I'm wrong) that the ocean is the Atlantic?

Yes , it is. That beach is in San Antonio Bay in San Matias Gulf, en the north of Patagonia.
Mirta
Judi
Juvie

Like Count: 43

African Fish Eagle

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05-Nov-09, 09:30:15 PM »

Mirta,

Those are beautiful!  Kudos to those young people and to you!    clap

Judi

P.S.  Oh...and expect a "friend" request on FaceBook!   wave

Life's a dance, you learn as you go...sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: