THE FORUM

19-Apr-24, 07:22:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beauty Found Injured - Downtown Rochester (2/10/12)  (Read 108778 times)
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 10-Feb-12, 08:29:14 PM »

I'm betting that MAK, and Joyce and Carol, Dana, Brian are with her now.  Please keep us posted about her.  Lots of thoughts and prayers are with Beauty right now. 
 pray
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 10-Feb-12, 08:29:59 PM »

I am so upset right now. Wondering why she has not been to Mercury the past few days. Was it a battle, was she chasing her prey? So many questions, so many prayers for our girl. Bless you Beauty, heal and come back to us!  crying Was that Beauty Carol saw yesterday, who knows.
Unbelievable I have no words.Sorry Donna,you're always watching,posting pictures,it must be confusing.I am confused......

I'm just numb right now, thanks Carla. Not a good start to 2012!  crying

Braveheart2665
Juvie

Like Count: 18

Freyja Always in my Heart

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10-Feb-12, 08:35:47 PM »

This is just terrible news , I was so worried about the crow thing but they said it wouldn't bother her.

Please be ok Beauty, I  heart you

Follow me at Thebraveheartfiles.blogspot.com
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 10-Feb-12, 08:37:08 PM »

What about this crow scaring program that just started?  Was it near Beauty's nestbox or in her territory at all?.
OK-not speculating-not commenting-just providing a picture for the question.  Beauty's usual night time roost is on the Xerox Building, center of the map.  That's where she was found.  If I recall correctly, one major crow roost is in Manhattan Square Park.

Times Square is the marker on the left with the bird on it.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Braveheart2665
Juvie

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10-Feb-12, 08:50:59 PM »

I know they were doing it in 4 different locations , at least thats what I heard on the news but I don't know where they were

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 10-Feb-12, 08:55:06 PM »

I know they were doing it in 4 different locations , at least thats what I heard on the news but I don't know where they were

We have to remember, Beauty was near all the Fireworks not too long ago and on the 4th of July, so she was pretty used to loud noises. Who knows what happened to her. It's just a shame.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 10-Feb-12, 08:57:16 PM »

According to the reports they were starting around Mt. Hope Ave (south-south west from Times Square). All the pictures & videos I'm seeing are from the Corn Hill area with the bridge we see from cam 1 in the background and OCS, Bausch & Lomb  and other downtown buildings just behind that.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 10-Feb-12, 08:59:37 PM »

We have to remember, Beauty was near all the Fireworks not too long ago and on the 4th of July, so she was pretty used to loud noises. Who knows what happened to her. It's just a shame.

Like I said, I'm not speculating that it had anything to do with what happened.  They see fireworks all the time and don't ever seem bothered by it. Just praying she's OK.

margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 10-Feb-12, 08:59:58 PM »

Donna, are you hearing anything from any of the watchers?  I know Joyce, MAK, Carol, or Dana have to be with her...let us know.   This is so hard.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 10-Feb-12, 09:08:08 PM »

I shouldn't have brought up the crow thing, I apologize.  I was just thinking out loud.  I always think of Beauty as being such a strong girl but I should know better, life is not easy for any of our peregrines no matter how big and strong they may seem to be.
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 10-Feb-12, 09:10:46 PM »

I can say that CarolP believes Tuesday was the last time she believes she saw Beauty for sure. She along with Dana,Joyce and KathyO are at my house right now. Beauty is now and will be in good hands. It is thought that there was a territorial battle at some point which led to Beautys' injuries. That's all I can say at this time. There will probably not be any more news until next week when the DEC or June Summers gives us an update. I don't believe the crow business has anything to do with it.I have a candle lit by a framed picture of the Beautyful one. Please pray for her everyone!  heart

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 10-Feb-12, 09:12:07 PM »

I shouldn't have brought up the crow thing, I apologize.  I was just thinking out loud.  I always think of Beauty as being such a strong girl but I should know better, life is not easy for any of our peregrines no matter how big and strong they may seem to be.
Don't apologize-I'm sure many of us were thinking the same thing.  I didn't want to leave it unanswered but at the same time I don't want to go off on a tangent without more information.  

Braveheart2665
Juvie

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 10-Feb-12, 09:14:37 PM »

TY MAK for keeping us informed - will be praying as hard as I can

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 10-Feb-12, 09:15:47 PM »

I can say that CarolP believes Tuesday was the last time she believes she saw Beauty for sure. She along with Dana,Joyce and KathyO are at my house right now. Beauty is now and will be in good hands. It is thought that there was a territorial battle at some point which led to Beautys' injuries. That's all I can say at this time. There will probably not be any more news until next week when the DEC or June Summers gives us an update. I don't believe the crow business has anything to do with it.I have a candle lit by a framed picture of the Beautyful one. Please pray for her everyone!  heart

Thanks for sharing that, MAK.  Hugs to everyone there!  

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 10-Feb-12, 09:17:07 PM »

Thank you for the update MAK.  I will keep Beauty in my thoughts and prayers for you all.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: