THE FORUM

23-Sep-24, 08:13:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Juvie Bald Eagle shot in NH  (Read 3419 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« on: 07-Nov-09, 06:49:32 AM »

This juvenile bald eagle was shot in Millsfield, NH.
Allen Cahill, NH F&G Press Release

New Hampshire Fish and Game reported on Friday that a juvenile bald eagle has been shot in Millsfield, NH. The shooting resulted in a broken wing and other injuries to the bald eagle which is currently being cared for by an authorized animal rehabilitator. It is expected that the bald eagle will recover enough to fly again and will eventually be released back into the wild.

The injured eagle was discovered by local sportsmen in Wildlife Management Area B adjacent to the Millsfield Loop Road. Officials estimate that the eagle was shot on or about October 22nd, 2009 in the area in which it was found. Shooting or otherwise harming a bald eagle is a crime under the Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act as well as the Migratory Bird Treaty Act. New Hampshire Fish and Game enforcement officers will be working with federal agents to investigate the incident and try to bring the guilty party to justice.

The juvenile bald eagle is harder to identify than the adult since it does not develop the characteristic white feathers on its head until its fifth year. A misidentification, however, is not considered disculpatory in terms of the violation of the law.

A $2,500 cash reward is being offered for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for the shooting of the bald eagle. Anyone with information about the shooting of the juvenile bald eagle should call the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department Operation Game Thief 24-hour hotline at: 1-800-344-4262, or make an online report at http://www.HuntNH.com/OGT. Tipsters can remain anonymous.   

crying

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 07-Nov-09, 06:58:53 AM »

stupid people Sad Sad Sad

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650