THE FORUM

01-May-24, 08:50:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chris' Screech Owls . . .  (Read 20561 times)
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 30-May-12, 10:30:36 AM »

Chris posted:

Beginning the process of sifting the few interesting movies from the worthless mass of automatically recorded dreck, I offer a food delivery movie from April 3rd (MPEG-4, 30 MB), while incubation was still less than halfway complete.

http://gargravarr.cc.utexas.edu/owl/2012/20120403/owl-20120403-022742.mp4

May 29, 8:53 PM – I searched for owlets at dusk, catching sight of one silhouette, and at least three overlapping, but distinct, food begging calls. Regrettably, both from a photographic standpoint, and an “I don’t
trust my owlets with other people” standpoint, they (or their parents) seem to have decided to camp in a tree very near one of the back corners of my yard, but, nonetheless, not in any on my property. So, unless they all decide to stand around at the end of the one branch I can see directly, I’ll have to settle for silhouettes, sounds, and the knowledge that all four of them are probably doing well.

I hope they all do well.  Love the sounds they make and the butt shot & her look -too funny!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: