THE FORUM

27-Apr-24, 01:53:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maybe No Seal Hunt  (Read 2492 times)
BIGFRANK
« on: 06-Mar-12, 01:40:22 PM »

I cant say Im heart broken! It seems all the efforts to ban imports and affect people opinions have left no market for seal pelts. Way to go world!
 While some will be out of a job,most us can live with that. With so many people collecting government assistance I personally dont mind these fellows being on it every spring!
http://news.sympatico.ctv.ca/home/shrinking_demand_bans_leave_seal_hunt_in_limbo/d0386b8e
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 06-Mar-12, 01:46:43 PM »

I cant say Im heart broken! It seems all the efforts to ban imports and affect people opinions have left no market for seal pelts. Way to go world!
 While some will be out of a job,most us can live with that. With so many people collecting government assistance I personally dont mind these fellows being on it every spring!
http://news.sympatico.ctv.ca/home/shrinking_demand_bans_leave_seal_hunt_in_limbo/d0386b8e

I'm down with that!! Been signing petitions. Not that it mattered probably but never liked them clubbing baby seals.  clap There's always a job at McD's!!

BIGFRANK
« Reply #2 on: 06-Mar-12, 01:56:56 PM »

Donna never under estimate the power of the pen. On an African website,which shows breeding Spotted Eagle Owls on a ladies porch in a potted plant,there was(is) a wetland they use to hunt. It was to be developed for housing. It was to be cleared,ruined,not part of the world anymore. For this urban Owl and Im sure many other species it would mean moving or certain death. The lady who put this camera up and whose home the owl chose and continues to chose every year got involved to try to save that wetland. She spoke everyplace she could with various committees and officials and used her site to push this cause. She started an online petition and collected names from all over the world. Over 30000 names I believe it was. And with all the lobbying and the part the petition played, letting South African government know that people across the oceans were watching the wetland was saved.
  Not unlike you I signed petitions about the seal hunt,never really believing it would  in the end make a difference. Maybe it did maybe it didnt but Id like to think it mattered. Lets hope the hunt goes extinct long before the seals!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06-Mar-12, 02:09:16 PM »

Donna never under estimate the power of the pen. On an African website,which shows breeding Spotted Eagle Owls on a ladies porch in a potted plant,there was(is) a wetland they use to hunt. It was to be developed for housing. It was to be cleared,ruined,not part of the world anymore. For this urban Owl and Im sure many other species it would mean moving or certain death. The lady who put this camera up and whose home the owl chose and continues to chose every year got involved to try to save that wetland. She spoke everyplace she could with various committees and officials and used her site to push this cause. She started an online petition and collected names from all over the world. Over 30000 names I believe it was. And with all the lobbying and the part the petition played, letting South African government know that people across the oceans were watching the wetland was saved.
  Not unlike you I signed petitions about the seal hunt,never really believing it would  in the end make a difference. Maybe it did maybe it didnt but Id like to think it mattered. Lets hope the hunt goes extinct long before the seals!

I sign whatever comes up, if it helps. I'd like to think it does also BF. I know about that owl in the planter, I watched it. Awesome stuff out there, you just have to find it and help out all you can. Thanks for all your info!

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06-Mar-12, 03:17:55 PM »

2thumbsup

Peregrines know no borders.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: