THE FORUM

26-May-24, 03:17:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guanacos in Monte Leon NP, Santa Cruz. (Patagonia, Argentina)  (Read 2783 times)
Mirta
Fledgling

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« on: 14-Nov-09, 08:43:17 AM »

During my trip to Rio Gallegos, the  most southern city of my country in its continental land, I visited  Monte Leon National Park. It was the windiest day possible, blowing more than 100km/hour... but we enjoyed the same, even it was almost impossible to take pictures... We saw plenty of guanacos (Lama guanicoe), penguins, seabirds but the star was a puma! (or mountain lion). It was in a hill, at 30 meters from us. He saw us with surprise (the same feeling that all of us felt!!) and calmly started to move in front of our minibus, crossing the road, stopped again to watch us and climbing a small hill, giving us a last look. We were frozen,  Shocked nobody took a picture!! There are plenty of pumas in the park, and there are signs to keep the visitors aware of them, but we´ve never imagined we could see one so close! It was a dream to see this amazing vey big cat!
At the visitor center, a small guanaco (we named them "chulengos") that was saved after his mother was killed by a car outside the park was waiting to "play" with people. He is a male and start to jump and push everyone... The rangers have tried several times to move him with the wild ones at the park, but like a boomerang, he has always found the way home again...
Let me introduce you "Chule", the chulengo or little guanaco and a few wild ones
Mirta
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 14-Nov-09, 08:48:43 AM »

Mirta, he is so cute and so sorry about his mom. So now what?? Will he stay around and just hang out with the visitors or will he suddenly get the urge to join others? Very interesting story. A PUMA.. scared blue wow, how often does one get a chance to see that? No wonder no one took pics...all frozen with complete amazement. Thanks so much for the story and pics. He is really a cutie...have fun.

valhalla
« Reply #2 on: 14-Nov-09, 03:30:36 PM »

Ok, you know it's coming....
I WANT One!   heart  I love lamas!  One acre more and I'd be able to have Alpacas.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14-Nov-09, 03:32:48 PM »

Ok, you know it's coming....
I WANT One!   heart  I love lamas!  One acre more and I'd be able to have Alpacas.

Spitters!!! So cute though.

valhalla
« Reply #4 on: 14-Nov-09, 07:23:18 PM »

Spitters!!! So cute though.

So are the males I work with... (gross)  nono thumbsdown
AND they aren't that cute!  hysterical
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: