THE FORUM

28-Apr-24, 11:40:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OT - I just had an awesome visitor!  (Read 3395 times)
bess440
Eyas

Like Count: 15

View Profile
« on: 16-Jul-12, 04:27:14 PM »

A red-tailed hawk landed on my boss's windowsill (on the 6th floor of the Old Button Factory diagonally across from Kodak Office) right in front of where I sit, facing in.  A smaller bird was dive-bombing it, probably because its nest is close by.  He/she sat there for at least 10 minutes, until one of my other bosses called me to ask a question and I told her what I was watching.  She rushed down and right into my other boss's office, right up to the hawk, at which time the hawk said “yikes!” and it left.  scared blue  Anyway, I’m really glad I was sitting here to see it up close.  It looked like a juvie because the coloring wasn’t too defined yet.  Nice way to brighten up a Monday.   Just wanted to share  Cheesy
Sue (Bess)
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 16-Jul-12, 04:57:23 PM »

A red-tailed hawk landed on my boss's windowsill (on the 6th floor of the Old Button Factory diagonally across from Kodak Office) right in front of where I sit, facing in.  A smaller bird was dive-bombing it, probably because its nest is close by.  He/she sat there for at least 10 minutes, until one of my other bosses called me to ask a question and I told her what I was watching.  She rushed down and right into my other boss's office, right up to the hawk, at which time the hawk said “yikes!” and it left.  scared blue  Anyway, I’m really glad I was sitting here to see it up close.  It looked like a juvie because the coloring wasn’t too defined yet.  Nice way to brighten up a Monday.   Just wanted to share  Cheesy
Sue (Bess)

Awesome!  I love RTH's!   clap

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16-Jul-12, 05:29:35 PM »

Very cool Bess, your so lucky, especially a JUVIE!!  2thumbsup

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16-Jul-12, 06:00:02 PM »

A red-tailed hawk landed on my boss's windowsill (on the 6th floor of the Old Button Factory diagonally across from Kodak Office) right in front of where I sit, facing in.  A smaller bird was dive-bombing it, probably because its nest is close by.  He/she sat there for at least 10 minutes, until one of my other bosses called me to ask a question and I told her what I was watching.  She rushed down and right into my other boss's office, right up to the hawk, at which time the hawk said “yikes!” and it left.  scared blue  Anyway, I’m really glad I was sitting here to see it up close.  It looked like a juvie because the coloring wasn’t too defined yet.  Nice way to brighten up a Monday.   Just wanted to share  Cheesy
Sue (Bess)

Don't you just love when that happens!  Hi Sue!    wave

Peregrines know no borders.....
valhalla
« Reply #4 on: 17-Jul-12, 07:41:20 AM »

2thumbsup
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17-Jul-12, 08:07:08 AM »

Way cool!  Grin

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
bess440
Eyas

Like Count: 15

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17-Jul-12, 11:48:17 AM »

Miss seeing you all, and I really miss all the action that used to take place between KT and the gorge Sad  Can you send Orion down the river just a little bit?  Sue (Bess)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17-Jul-12, 12:20:06 PM »

Miss seeing you all, and I really miss all the action that used to take place between KT and the gorge Sad  Can you send Orion down the river just a little bit?  Sue (Bess)

Was just talking about that on Chat, how MK's kids liked the river to splash in and fly through the mist from the falls.  Sad

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: