THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 08:13:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ROC the Day! December 12th, 2012  (Read 54329 times)
Yarak
Forum Bot
Bot
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 95

Keeping falcon fans connected

View Profile
« on: 02-Oct-12, 12:00:26 PM »

ROC the Day returns this year on 12/12/12. After such great success last year (thanks to our generous supporters!) Rfalconcam will be participating once again. We'll be sure to keep you posted as more information become available.
Let's ROC the Day together!

Link:
http://rfalconcam.com/imprinting/?p=1864
« Last Edit: 02-Oct-12, 12:07:25 PM by Shaky » Logged

This is an automated post.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 02-Oct-12, 12:45:58 PM »

mbanana bguitar

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02-Oct-12, 12:48:02 PM »

Roc on!  

Braveheart2665
Juvie

Like Count: 18

Freyja Always in my Heart

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02-Oct-12, 07:12:47 PM »

Looking forward to it !  2thumbsup

Follow me at Thebraveheartfiles.blogspot.com
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03-Dec-12, 10:47:09 AM »

9 days and counting until midnight 12.12.12.  My two favorite organizations are in ROC the Day: Rfalconcam  yahoo and Wild Wings Inc.  clap

Every hour one lucky ROCstar (donor) will be randomly chosen to give an extra $500 bonus to the charity of their choice. 24 chances to win!

Plus...Rochester Area Community Foundation we'll be checking every two hours to see what registered organizations has the most ROCstar donors during that time period. The organizations with the most unique donors during each two-hour period will get an extra $1000 bonus, and there are 12 up for the grabs! (Agencies can only win this bonus once.)

Lynne in New Hampshire
Tiercel

Like Count: 35

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03-Dec-12, 11:44:55 AM »

9 days and counting until midnight 12.12.12.  My two favorite organizations are in ROC the Day: Rfalconcam  yahoo and Wild Wings Inc.  clap

Every hour one lucky ROCstar (donor) will be randomly chosen to give an extra $500 bonus to the charity of their choice. 24 chances to win!

Plus...Rochester Area Community Foundation we'll be checking every two hours to see what registered organizations has the most ROCstar donors during that time period. The organizations with the most unique donors during each two-hour period will get an extra $1000 bonus, and there are 12 up for the grabs! (Agencies can only win this bonus once.)

Can we pick an hour so we can all donate in that hour?  Not to be a cheater or do anything wrong.  I wait for this to donate because of all the bonus money available !  Hope it is good this year.

Lynne in New Hampshire
Lisa McK
Eyas

Like Count: 61

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03-Dec-12, 02:08:23 PM »

Can we pick an hour so we can all donate in that hour?  Not to be a cheater or do anything wrong.  I wait for this to donate because of all the bonus money available !  Hope it is good this year.

I see no reason why we can't try to coordinate the 2 hour time period to try and take advantage of the bonus.  But the most important thing is to give.
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03-Dec-12, 08:55:09 PM »

I see no reason why we can't try to coordinate the 2 hour time period to try and take advantage of the bonus.  But the most important thing is to give.
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03-Dec-12, 08:57:16 PM »

Sorry - a blank reply was just posted. I think if we can get the same two hour period to post a donation, it would be great!   I plan on contributing, and if there is a time period that may allow for more funds for falconcam, we need to work that! 
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 03-Dec-12, 10:02:46 PM »

The early morning time periods would be best because fewer people in general will be donating to other charities.

More than one 2-hour time period can be targeted if everyone makes a donation during each time period. Just make the donations smaller. For instance, make a $5 donation at 1 AM and another at 3 AM instead of a single $10 donation at 1 AM. Or three time periods can be covered by making $3 donations at 1, 3, and 5 AM. Of course, getting up 3 times in the middle of the night would be a pain.
Lisa McK
Eyas

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04-Dec-12, 04:49:32 PM »

We have to remember that this year we are competing with all the non-profits (hundreds of organizations) for the incentives.  Last year we were only competing with the non-profits in the environmental group (less than 50 organizations).  I'm game to give it a try.  I will also be looking for any Roc the Day parties to attend.  Maybe I can get additional donations at them.

Lisa McK.
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 05-Dec-12, 09:29:42 AM »

ROC the Day is a week away!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05-Dec-12, 10:48:08 AM »

OK, so what's the best strategy here?

Lisa McK
Eyas

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05-Dec-12, 02:22:47 PM »

OK, so what's the best strategy here?

The best strategy is to chose a time when it is least active.  Probably in the early morning hours like midnight to 2 a.m. on 12/12/12 or 2 to 4 a.m. on 12/12/12. 

I would expect that the normal business hours 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. will be very busy.  It will probably remain busy until 9 that night at least.  Last year some of the local bars had ROC the Day parties. 

ALSO, like last year, every hour they will chose a donor as the ROC star of the hour and donate $500 to their charity. 
Lots of things to consider.  Since I am not working, I will be monitoring the site and updating the donation amounts routinely during the 24 hour periond.

Lisa McK
~Ruth
Juvie

Like Count: 19

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05-Dec-12, 02:46:57 PM »

for those of us who don't want to get up in the middle of the night.  how about picking another hour such as 10-12pm or 6-8am.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: