THE FORUM

05-Oct-24, 01:19:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crow problem in Oneida NY ya gotta read the readers comments  (Read 2884 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« on: 07-Dec-09, 07:58:08 AM »

ONEIDA — Mayor Peter Hedglon is encouraging city residents to band together to show migratory crows they’re unwelcome in the city.

“They roost in trees and make a mess,” he said in a statement issued Thursday.

Hedglon says he’s contacted experts at Cornell University Lab of Ornithology and a citizen’s group in Pennsylvania.

“It appears that the best way to deal with these migratory crows is to have a community-wide volunteer effort to encourage the crows to not roost around residences and/or commercial structures,” he says.

The mayor’s holding a City Hall meeting on Wednesday, Dec. 13 at 7 p.m. to put together a group of volunteers to deal with the crows. He’s tapped Donald Kingsley to chair the group.

“I anticipate that the committee will use noise and bright lights to encourage crows to move away from residences and commercial buildings,” Hedglon says.

The mayor reminds residents it’s illegal to shoot a firearm within the city’s inside district. “No individuals should use any type of firearms, fireworks, or other potentially injury-producing device or tactics to harass the crows.”

For those seeking information on crow strategies, he suggest visiting the website:

www.lancastercrows.org

http://www.oneidadispatch.com/articles/2009/12/03/news/doc4b18912740087492588032.txt
Comments..people are NUTS!!!  (scroll to bottom for comments)

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 07-Dec-09, 08:48:32 AM »

People are ignorant Donna, always have been ,always will be. It's a human thing, unfortunately nature suffers. aaarggh                                                                                                                        I live in the city of Rochester and every day at dawn and dusk I watch hundreds of crows grace the skys moving east to west in the morning and vice versa at night. I wish I knew where they went but at least now because of this article you posted I understand a bit more about them. thanks2

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07-Dec-09, 08:55:35 AM »

People are ignorant Donna, always have been ,always will be. It's a human thing, unfortunately nature suffers. aaarggh                                                                                                                        I live in the city of Rochester and every day at dawn and dusk I watch hundreds of crows grace the skys moving east to west in the morning and vice versa at night. I wish I knew where they went but at least now because of this article you posted I understand a bit more about them. thanks2

I'd be honored to have crows or Vultures roosting in my yard..what a THRILL!

Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07-Dec-09, 07:21:45 PM »

Are there actually more ignorant people in the world or is it just that the internet allows us to notice them?  confused Some of those comments are a prime example of what is wrong with the human race.

All birds but cowbirds are welcome to my yard.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: