THE FORUM

24-Oct-24, 12:33:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has KPF Been Spotted Post-Sandy?  (Read 5782 times)
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« on: 09-Nov-12, 02:04:24 PM »

Just wondering if KPF has been seen since the hurricane.  I hope she's okay, wherever she is.   falcon2

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 09-Nov-12, 03:36:54 PM »

(MAK): KPF has flown N and disappeared in the murkiness of the misty rain and fog

The 28th is the last time she was spotted Patsy, seems she flew N and never came back, (that we know of)!

Has anyone seen DC in the past 2 days?

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09-Nov-12, 04:03:21 PM »

Has anyone seen DC in the past 2 days?

Yes please, let me know.  Undecided
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09-Nov-12, 04:19:44 PM »

Okay, Donna.  I hope KPF is okay and comes back sometime.   Cry

DotCa has not been spotted in either of his two usual sites since Wednesday afternoon, when he had several on camera adventures here downtown with his dinner and his hungry mate, Beauty.   Smiley  I'm not a pefa expert, but I'm thinking we could attribute that to one of two things.  For the past two days, the First Federal Building (known on this board and on the stream as OCSR, has had window washers on its north side all day Thursday and today as well.  Yesterday when I saw them their scaffolding was right at the top ibeam on the NE side.  B&DC don't regularly perch on that side of the building, but anything out of the ordinary like that may be enough to scare them away from OCSR entirely.  Also, both downtown and BS have been invaded by many thousands of crows this week.  I think the pefas are just laying a bit low. 

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09-Nov-12, 04:26:35 PM »

Thanks for the update patsy!  Wow on the crows.  I remember Archer didn't like them much  angel  Makes sense they'd lay low. 
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09-Nov-12, 04:45:37 PM »

OK then it was probably DC on Mercury according to Carol's tweet! He is around!

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09-Nov-12, 04:59:56 PM »

OK then it was probably DC on Mercury according to Carol's tweet! He is around!

clap  2thumbsup
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09-Nov-12, 06:44:37 PM »

thumbsup Yay!  I walked over to my bus stop by Washington Square Park to go home tonight and saw so many crows coming from all over the sky that I expected to see Alfred Hitchcock at any moment. 

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09-Nov-12, 07:14:36 PM »

Yep, two falcons seen this evening.  Although I never had a chance to verify it was Dot.ca on Mercury's money bag hand, I'm fairly certain it was Beauty on the FCT. 

No one has reported seeing KPF since MAK's last sighting.  I keep looking for her daily.  She may have migrated.  Or not.

Peregrines know no borders.....
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10-Nov-12, 08:00:12 PM »

Thanks, Carol.  I've been reading your Twitter posts looking for KPF, but I think I missed a couple of days, so I wanted to be sure.  I sure hope you see her again. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: