THE FORUM

26-Apr-24, 01:13:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fred Vickers -- the oldest member of k/rfalconcam...  (Read 15079 times)
anneintoronto
« on: 12-Dec-09, 11:03:32 PM »

It's with sadness that I let our friends, here on rfalconcam, know,that my treasured father, Fred Vickers, died at 5pm today.  He celebrated his 94th birthday on the 8th of December.  My husband, Kevin, and I took over a little cake, with three candles, and he was able to blow out the candles and eat some cake.  Although he was very tired and not too verbal, he knew who we were and smiled at our singing of Happy Birthday!
    Starting last evening, Dad went to a deeper level, so we went over this morning and stayed with him when he died this afternoon.  He wasn't suffering at all, just plain worn out.  Although I am sad, I have lots of wonderful memories and knowledge from my Dad.  He and Mom always educated my brother and me about birds and all things "Nature".  Without that knowledge, I probably never would have found the Kodak peregrines and likely wouldn't have stopped to see what those two birds were in the (nest) box!  And what a loss that would have been!  I was so pleased, too, after showing Dad the Kodak website, that he decided that he wanted to join too!  He was very proud to be the oldest member and loved the daily posts, puzzles and photographs, and all the birthday wishes over the years!  You all were very accepting and supportive, especially Nora in Iowa (who he adopted as his second daughter!) and Aafke, whose puzzles and ecards he loved!  Even in the hospital, where he was since May 22nd, he wanted to hear about the peregrines and you people!
    Thank you, my friends, for accepting my Dad into this friendly and knowledgeable group, and for being so kind to him!  You are all very special!

Anne C. (Toronto, ON Canada)

Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 13-Dec-09, 12:27:57 AM »

Hi Anne,

crying  rose

Annette

valhalla
« Reply #2 on: 13-Dec-09, 06:23:25 AM »

Anne, it is with tears that I write to express my deepest sympathies for you and your family on the death of Fred.  Such wonderful memories you have - let them continue to guide you.  God Bless, Janet 
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13-Dec-09, 06:49:02 AM »

OH Anne, I am so sorry. My deepest sympathy to you and Kevin. I know how much your dad meant to you.

~hugs~
Donna

rushhen06
Fledgling

Like Count: 17

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13-Dec-09, 08:30:36 AM »

Anne,  My deepest symapthy to you and your family on the loss of your Father.
          My prayers are with you.
Helen R
Tokira
Juvie

Like Count: 142

Kaetzchen Gabriella of Tokira

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13-Dec-09, 08:31:42 AM »

Anne, I'm so sorry to hear that you've lost your Dad.  It was really nice having him as a part of this group, and we will miss him too  crying
Thank you for letting us know.
Hugs,
Carol
WV
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13-Dec-09, 08:41:43 AM »

Sad   I'm very sorry for your loss.

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13-Dec-09, 10:48:06 AM »

Anne I am so sorry for your loss. But he will live on in your heart and memories.

Aafke
Falcon

Like Count: 715

Kingfisher

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13-Dec-09, 11:18:20 AM »

Hi Anne
I feel so sorry for your lost.
I really liked your father and it was great to have him as the oldest member of our yahoogroup.
I wished I could talk to him once about: birds, collecting bird stamps and his time in The Netherlands during World war 2.
It was a special man.
It will be very hard for you, also for Kevin and for your brother John.
 heart greetings Aafke

Feed the birds!!!!
NoraH
Juvie

Like Count: 26

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13-Dec-09, 11:18:57 AM »

We're both so sorry Anne, Kevin, and John & family.  Although I never met him in person he DID treat me like a daughter and I'm really going to miss him.  It was such fun e-mailing back and forth on birding stuff or when we'd take a trip somewhere or just shared pictures of anything.  You hang in there "Sis".  Nora (& Joe)
Dot_Forrester
Tiercel

Like Count: 50

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13-Dec-09, 11:23:20 AM »

Anne, I too am sorry for the loss of your dad.  Sincere sympathy to you and your family.

Dot in PA
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13-Dec-09, 12:35:29 PM »

Anne,

I am so very sorry about your dad.  I hope he is flying free from physical limitations with the birds he so loved  Sad hawk

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Paul Hamilton
Tiercel

Like Count: 266

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 13-Dec-09, 01:55:25 PM »

Our deepest sympathy for you and your family.  I really enjoyed having Fred as a member of this group.  I'm glad that the love of nature and the outdoors was something he was able to pass on to his children.

Paul
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 13-Dec-09, 04:19:09 PM »

Oh, Anne.  I'm so sorry to hear that your dad has passed away.  I loved reading your stories about Fred.  I'm so glad that he joined our group and enjoyed watching Mariah, Kaver and their young.  He will truly be missed.   Cry

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Carol P.

Peregrines know no borders.....
Wing Goose
Tiercel

Like Count: 37

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 13-Dec-09, 05:17:52 PM »

Dear Anne,
My deepest sympathy to you and your family.  I always wished that I had met your dad. 
He sounded so colorful.  Love to you all - - ---
      Lola

heart heart heart

Lola
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: